Alpha Tags I didn't program appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageJon

Have noted Buses and Animal Control tags appearing on Pro96- programmed with Win96.

Now here's the weird part- I don't have them programed in! Rechecked program folder I've loaded into scanner and they aren't there! Never noticed it before I programmed it full of tags!
Weird! Is my scanner learning on it's own?

Anyibe else notice this?

73's,
Jon

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
They must be somewhere in your programming because the scanner doesn't assign text tags by itself. ;)

Well hold on, since the PRO-96 is preprogrammed, maybe the scanner is stopping on preprogrammed TGIDs that were factory programmed.

Chris0381

"Well hold on, since the PRO-96 is preprogrammed, maybe the scanner is stopping on preprogrammed TGIDs that were factory programmed"

Well I hope thats the case and that the radio wasnt previously owned

VintageJon

The weird thing is that this is occuring in two banks that I've programmed full With Win96!

Have examined these two banks and they aren't there!

Perhaps they were put in i the firmware and don't need to be in programmable memory to show up. (PER KCChiefs9690's excellent suggestion.)

Interesting idea by Turbo77577- I assumed clicking "closed" would make the bank inoperable. Have read jack on this, so I'm probably misinterrupting the meaning of "closed".

Other explainations- that UFO we saw? A new Conspiracy Theory? Bus Drivers and Dog Catchers are more powerful than they appear to be?

Project 25, being digital, is like Windows. Full of surprises...

73's
Jon

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
There is no "firmware" programming - you must have entered them at one time. There are no surprises.

N0ZQR

Premium Subscriber
All, I have both a Pro96 and a 2096 that show, Motorola 3 as a talk group ID that I have progrmed with a different talk group ID with Win96. Have tried four times to change it, and will not change. Operating in closed mode does not change anything.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.