Alternative Scanner Meeting Place(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scan-Denver

Not only that, but the whole idea of a different meeting place was to find a place out North for those who can't make it to Luke's place.

Hopefully someone will be able to come up with a suitable place.

RISC777

abqscan said:
Thanks for the idea Amo!. I was thinking we were going to get like 100's of ideas. However this is not the case. We still don't know how many people even want to go to monthly meetings...

I definitely would go to *any* meeting that's not on Thursday through Sunday. :) :lol: :)

RISC777

Okay, since this kind of died down or out.........

What about deciding either way, to or not to, have a different location and time of week to meet?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
It just seems like nobody can agree on a new spot to meet. I love the Centennial Airport for a spot. Its pretty close to I-25 and that makes it easier to get to. Just my 2 cents...

Scan-Denver

The whole idea on a 2nd place to meet was for those out north so they wouldn't have to drive so far.

Unless I'm mistaken, Lukes place is locked in indefinately for our quarterly meetings.

I would say for those who want a place out north to meet, they need to decide on a place and let the rest of us know on a day and time.

And for those who need a day and time during the week, schedule it with Luke and we'll do it.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Excellent and my 2 cents would be North should be considered at least North of I-70 and for many that might seek much farther North than that, Centennial Airport does not accomplish the North need, I mean it's only about 10 minutes from Lukes place and actually a bit South at that.

I'm game for Longmont, Peoples Republic of Boulder, Longmont, Fort Collins, Greeley, Windsor etc. Or even Estes Park as featured in today's Denver Post I mean last time I was there one control channel with almost no affliations it would make for an exciting monitoring meeting.

Many years ago we met at the Village Inn on College in Ft Collins and it went great, now let's have a show of hands was anyone there? It was probably about 1992 or 93.

Jim<

luke-1

Scan-Denver said:
The whole idea on a 2nd place to meet was for those out north so they wouldn't have to drive so far.

Unless I'm mistaken, Lukes place is locked in indefinately for our quarterly meetings.

I would say for those who want a place out north to meet, they need to decide on a place and let the rest of us know on a day and time.

And for those who need a day and time during the week, schedule it with Luke and we'll do it.

You are not mistaken Bill, other than Fridays, my place is always available

Just a thought-
How about the Flea Market?
We could rent a spot, food is right there, and if anyone wanted to sell extra stuff...

Just brainstorming, since I noticed the "Sticky" is gone on this thread

No, I was not at Village Inn. I think I was listening on my BC860xlt "Twin Turbo"

Luke

cstockmyer

Maybe the answer is we have more meetings? One south one north? And you just get to witch ever you can, both if your lucky? Just an idea.

RISC777

Heck, I'm in the Broomfield / Thornton area and I'd open my house for meeting. Might take a bit to get the wife to not take a steak knife to me, but it's worth it to me if we don't decide on a location (kind of soon).

`Doug

... Thinking about it Legacy High School or Century High School might let us use some space, or even a church or two I know might. I'll start asking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.