Amarillo (ARCS) P1 or P2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
I see its listed as a P2 system, but the talkgroup tags shows P1..

Just curious what is actually being operated at this time there..

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Someone submitted that it was identified as P2 system back in July and I changed it at that time after a PM conversation. It was in testing and rollout phase at that time, it may be worth another look for someone with control channel monitoring software in the area.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Ill be down there for work in a couple of weeks, so if close enough I’ll verify.

I’ll have some other stuff I’ll PM you later with that needs to be adjusted in the panhandle.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Most of the new Texas systems I've seen, except Harris, are set up as P2 systems - with the control channel advertising P2. In almost every case, though, the subscriber units lag behind, sometimes way behind. Obviously, until every active radio on that talk group is P2 then the talkgroup remains P1. As you know, RR categorizes the system based on the control channel advertisement.

Russell

PJH

Premium Subscriber
With current system releases, it will “show it” but doesn’t mean it will be a P2 system. You can program a radio all day long with the P2 option checked, but if the system itself doesn’t have it enabled, it’s going to work as P1.

Motorola and Harris subscribers simply have a check box in the trunking setup that says “Phase 2 capable system”, but talkgroups are not defined (at the radio level) as P1 or P2.

It’s an infrastrure deal.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Check your PM/conversations for the updates I sent you. ALso I have one hanging out in the queue..
I worked through a few older ones last night but I am on a spring break vacation with the wife and kids so I have limited time. I’ll get to them all soon.

Robert806

Herebe
Does anyone know what the talkgroup ID numbers are for Amarillo Utilities, Transit , Parks, ISD bus, ISD Maintains, Landfill, Sanitation and any other unlisted ID's on the Amarillo Tx (ARCS) P25 phase 2 trunking system?

mjm2001

Has anyone else noticed that the unit Ids are not always showing up unless you catch the beginning of the transmission? Im using a SDS-100 on the P25 system and am guessing that it is simply the way the phase 2 system transmits unit data only at the beginning of the transmission and not at the end or throughout the transmission. I rarely see this issue on the statewide Phase 1 system in Colorado so am also guessing its a Phase 2 thing?

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else noticed that the unit Ids are not always showing up unless you catch the beginning of the transmission... am guessing that it is simply the way the phase 2 system transmits unit data only at the beginning of the transmission and not at the end or throughout the transmission.
100% a problem with the scanner. There is no difference between Phase I and II voice channel data, except for one being TDMA and one not. System radios do not exhibit this behavior and will display RIDs on in-progress calls just fine.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
100% a problem with the scanner. There is no difference between Phase I and II voice channel data, except for one being TDMA and one not. System radios do not exhibit this behavior and will display RIDs on in-progress calls just fine.

Agreed. Looking at a Phase 2 data stream with DSD+ from galveston as I type, and the UID, TGID, RX/TX Freq, are all continuously broadcast by the system during a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.