Amateur Radio Parity Act (HR 555) is FCC Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
You know, others here have been saying the same in various ways, but the way you describe it here connects with me.
Glad that seed finally took root. I try to not knowingly violate Federal laws. But, HR 555, if made into law, would immediately make me a violator. Therein lies the problem.

needairtime

The mock law I wrote earlier, which to W9BU's point, would be much more black and white than what this current HR 555 proposes.
Perhaps the law should be written like how USPS writes its code for calculating limits to package size (length+girth), such that you could build tall and skinny or fat and wide, which would allow flexibility into how someone can design their antenna - a high monopole/dipole or a closer to ground beam antenna.

However the guy wires probably need to also be added into the calculation...

JasonTracy

W9TCP
Perhaps the law should be written like how USPS writes its code for calculating limits to package size (length+girth), such that you could build tall and skinny or fat and wide, which would allow flexibility into how someone can design their antenna - a high monopole/dipole or a closer to ground beam antenna.

However the guy wires probably need to also be added into the calculation...

I'm suggesting that in order to override HOAs and local governments, it likely isn't going to have guy wires.

The point I was trying to make is that if we're already OK with allowing the federal government to override smaller forms of government, right down to the HOA, for TV antennas and DBS dishes, then let's allow any other use that fits within that same envelope.

My dimensions were too big, but basically take the largest TV antenna that may need to be used to pull in an acceptable signal, and allow people to put up any antenna that size or smaller for whatever purpose they want, including Internet, AM/FM broadcast radio, or amateur radio.

Once we get into guyed towers, we're likely over the level already allowed by OTARD.

gchatten

The fact is you entered into a private contract and regardless of the law(s) you are bound by the Indentures of the subdivision.
I went through this in 1990 when the FCC said no one could prohibit a person from putting up a satellite dish. The Indentures I signed say you cannot. I won the battle, but the Trustees later found out it does not apply to private contracts you sign such as Indentures. If the indentures don't state erection/placement of radio antennas, towers, objects, etc. or have maximum heights then I would say one could put one up - subject to local and State laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.