• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Amateur radio repeaters now in the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfxChris

Database Admin
In case anybody missed the announcement:

http://forums.radioreference.com/community-announcements-news/221318-coming-soon-radioreference-new-features-enhancements-september-2011-a.html

The database is now accepting amateur radio frequencies, both repeaters and simplex. If you have anything you want added to the DB please submit it through the usual methods, and make sure you include the repeater call sign, tx and rx frequencies, tones (if any), location (town is fine) and the county that it's in please, as the repeaters have to be added at the county levels. If it's simplex then make sure to state that.

I was in Dartmouth/Halifax earlier this summer and I can verify that 146.94 and 147.15 are on the air as listed with no tones. I wish I had known about the 151.4 tone on 53.55; I had it loaded up in my Syntor X9000 ready to rock but never could bring it up.

Does the Halifax radio club really get together 7 days a week at 8:00 PM as the announcement on 146.94 would have me believe, or is the controller just broken? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.