• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQ

First they started with unreliable, third-party delivery where things would not get delivered on time or left at the wrong home.

Now 2 days is not really a thing. I could see maybe during the Christmas holiday but it's over. I know there are still ongoing returns but I've had some things delivered as stated (I buy a lot from many places) and issues like yesterday and today.

Purchasing something on a Thursday directly from them and in stock, where it says 2 days is set for delivery on Tuesday. Another from today is set for delivery on Wednesday. So much for Saturday/Sunday delivery any more, even when distribution centers are nearby. I used to order some things before noon and get the same day.

Maybe they are taking advantage of the USPS and something is being done.

They keep raising prices for Prime and trying to justify it with adding crap "services" I don't need or want. Give me à la cart shipping without "benefits" for less. I'll just continue buying elsewhere or local, especially when I have to pay tax on items.

flythunderbird

Premium Subscriber
Purchasing something on a Thursday directly from them and in stock, where it says 2 days is set for delivery on Tuesday. Another from today is set for delivery on Wednesday. So much for Saturday/Sunday delivery any more, even when distribution centers are nearby. I used to order some things before noon and get the same day.
Had this happen to me last week. Ordered Friday, they said it would be delivered Sunday, and it didn't show up until Tuesday. Granted there was a holiday involved, but it was supposed to be delivered BEFORE the holiday ...

They keep raising prices for Prime and trying to justify it with adding crap "services" I don't need or want. Give me à la cart shipping without "benefits" for less. I'll just continue buying elsewhere or local, especially when I have to pay tax on items.
I'm thinking about dumping Prime when it comes up for renewal this year ... I have a feeling that even at $99/year for Prime, Amazon is losing money on it. I keep seeing little things that indicate they're trying to "cheap out" on Prime. Amazon originally wanted to raise it to $129/year from $79/year, but people started screaming about it and Amazon backed it off to $99.

Status
Not open for further replies.