Amber, Silver Alerts?

AnalogLowband

Premium Subscriber
I get them on my phones all the time but never not once on my many NWS appliances. Most I have on alert status and a few just on monitor until my head's ready to explode from that digital droning voice, never not one alert though. Is it a geographical thing?

Likely the NOAA/NWS is not in the equation

See an example [No NWS/NOAA mentioned]
https://www.mass.gov/service-details/amber-alert

I get them on my phones all the time but never not once on my many NWS appliances. Most I have on alert status and a few just on monitor until my head's ready to explode from that digital droning voice, never not one alert though. Is it a geographical thing?

It is geographical. Some areas of the country currently broadcast Amber alerts and others do not. Here in Colorado, the Denver/Boulder, CO NWS personnel have advised Amber alerts are in the works however this has not happened to date.

AMBER Alert Factsheet

An example from an old website of an Amber Alert broadcast over NWS is the following: Amber missing child alert(CAE) 062003. It decodes to the following: ZCZC-CIV-CAE-051000+0600-1712351-KLWX/NWS-

Shawn

Last edited:

KD0TAZ

Premium Subscriber
I have only heard one Amber alert come through my radio, that was back maybe 5-6 years ago over WXM35 (DDC). It had that really creepy "guitar string scratch" intro where the 1050Hz tone should've been. Other than that there have only been a very few others in my area, and I wasnt home when they were activated, I got them on my phone via WEA, so I dont know if they went out over NWR.

ACTUALLY it is no longer Weather radio it is called ALL Hazards Alert Radio covers amber and silver alerts as well as certain other issues if the need is there. FEMA and Homeland Security changed all that years back