Ambulance VR's for ZONE 3 and CTCSS tone for MTO Enforcement VR

Radioguy789

Hello. I just thought I would post these Ambulance VR's for ZONE 3 for someone to add to the database.

They are

VR01 - 771.84375 - RX CTCSS: 110.9
VR02 - 771.86875 - RX CTCSS: 127.3
VR03 - 771.89375 - RX CTCSS: 114.8
VR04 - 772.13125 - RX CTCSS: 173.8
VR05 - 772.15625 - RX CTCSS: 179.9

And just looking at our Ambulance VR's for ZONE 3 here, I notice that for what is posted here on rr.com for the 700MHz channels for down south,
VR01 tone is different from what I posted. VR02 is a different frequency then what I posted but same tone. VR03 is a different frequency and tone than what I posted. VR04 is the same. VR05 is a different Frequency and tone than what I posted. And I also notice from the database that there is a VR06-VR08 for down south. I don't think we have anymore VR's for up this way. Never heard any others just the ones I have posted.

And while I was on my way back home yesterday from Oakville, as we drove by a MTO Enforcement station, I was able to hear their 770Mhz VR channel and was able to get the tone for it.

MTO ENFORCEMENT - VR01 - 771.88125 - RX CTCSS: 103.5

So if anyone wants to update the database with what I posted for the Ambulance VR's and the MTO ENFORCEMENT VR.

Thanks

gary123

I am not really surprised that the zone 3 frequencies do not match the newer Zone 1 frequencies. I expect when zone 3 migrates to the new PSRN hardware the existing DVRS freq will also change to match the newer channels now in use in the migrated PSRN areas.

Either way thank you for posting the captures.

Radioguy789

I am not really surprised that the zone 3 frequencies do not match the newer Zone 1 frequencies. I expect when zone 3 migrates to the new PSRN hardware the existing DVRS freq will also change to match the newer channels now in use in the migrated PSRN areas.

Either way thank you for posting the captures.
I thought maybe all the channels would be the same down south as well, but they are not. We will see if they do change them after for up this way here in Zone 3

gary123

I think that is why they will eventually migrate everything over to the same frequency set. For now I think they just have to be careful they grab the right EMS unit that has the Zone 3 700 DVRS installed rather than a Zone 2 unit using the UHF or worse, a Zone 1 unit. Although, a couple of the frequencies match up.

Radioguy789

Yup and all the ambulances here in Zone 3 all have the APX Portables and Mobiles and use the 700MHz VR frequencies that I posted. They no longer use the Tait portables or the MCS2000 mobiles. And yes, a couple of the frequencies they use down south do match up with what is used up here in Zone 3.

So we'll see what happens if they will reprogram all their portables again. or just keep them as they are up here in ZONE 3 when the time does come.

mciupa

You would think that with the OPP East Regional Headquarters out that way that there would be some activity.

rneals

Rosco P. Coltrane
Feed Provider
Yup and all the ambulances here in Zone 3 all have the APX Portables and Mobiles and use the 700MHz VR frequencies that I posted. They no longer use the Tait portables or the MCS2000 mobiles. And yes, a couple of the frequencies they use down south do match up with what is used up here in Zone 3.

So we'll see what happens if they will reprogram all their portables again. or just keep them as they are up here in ZONE 3 when the time does come.

The VR's can be equipped with the software option to support Radio Manager and Over The Air Programming. (RM-OTAP Feature License)
The duplex RF filter in the repeater is broadband, so they can update the VR radio frequencies fairly easily, remotely and without a tech touching the vehicle. (Once the VHF mobile is actually on a P25 trunked network)

The Portables can be over-the-air-rekeyed (OTAR), even while operating via a VR, through the mobile to the P25 trunked network.
I have not yet found any documentation that says the portable can do RM-OTAP via the VR, but it seems likely because it can do OTAR.

I would expect that once the system is fully deployed and operating P25 trunking, they will likely OTAP all the radios with the goal to remove any trace of Smartet, analog VR channel and PL tone programming.