American Cruise Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody have experience on this line? Since they're pretty much inland and coastal cruises, I'm wondering if they have radio issues. Can't find much on their website.

I can't positively confirm, but believe that they use normal US business band UHF freqs for onboard/admin. comms. I think I've caught the American Star on 462.7625 [d131] and the American Constitution on 461.2125 [d315]. Not much traffic when docked and the passengers are on an outing. I've only caught them a few times when we're both visiting Norfolk. Maybe someone else has had better luck.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

ecps92

Radio issues ? You mean Banning Passengers from brining on ?

ACCL is actually Blount [they also do Seafood Processing]

Freq Reports have varied on them, to be mostly CoTS [Commercial Off the Shelf]
and not programmed, but used out of the Box. GMRS, FRS and Business Itinerants have been reported

With the size of those ships, it would not surprise me if they use VHF Marine primarily which would explain the lack of reports

Does anybody have experience on this line? Since they're pretty much inland and coastal cruises, I'm wondering if they have radio issues. Can't find much on their website.

I can't positively confirm, but believe that they use normal US business band UHF freqs for onboard/admin. comms. I think I've caught the American Star on 462.7625 [d131] and the American Constitution on 461.2125 [d315]. Not much traffic when docked and the passengers are on an outing. I've only caught them a few times when we're both visiting Norfolk. Maybe someone else has had better luck.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I mean a scanner ban. Some of those southeast cruises look like they'd be one harbor cruise after another. Probably too rich for my blood, but sights I'd like to see if I could also have the sounds.

Both the freqs I found are available in off-the-shelf products by Motorola (which is how I found them) I'm more sure of the Star, because they docked right at Nauticus, which created a confusing situation for some passengers going ashore. Still not sure about the Constitution. Hopefully, there'll be another chance

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

n4jri

Premium Subscriber

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Have confirmed that 461.2125 [d315] is local to Norfolk and not the American Constitution. Will hope for another crack at her in the future.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.