An updated VIDEO of my shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I figured why go still picture when you can go... uh not still picture.
Just an excuse to use my new flash camcorder.

Hope you enjoy

snikliw87

Great video! It's nice to see in video how each scanner is organized and what it is scanning. Do you take your handhelds with you if you go anywhere? Wouldn't you have wanted a base model instead?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
That is a great video. However, I must say it was worse than Chinese water torture to have to have the audio interrupted every time that stupid 'Instant Message' advertisement crap in Photobucket went off rofl.

Nice setup man.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Thank you all!!

The program I said was SATtracker, that was a mistake I was actually pointing at Satscape a program that tells you when sattilights are overhead.

My programs list encase anyone cares is.

Satscape
Stellarium- For viewing stars (my other hobby)
Google Earth
Icom pcr 1000
Trunk PCR
Radio Com 4.5
Win500
Win500 Client
Win 97
Freetracker
BC895XLT Softctrl
895xlt Radioctl
Unitrunker
Uniscope
PDW
TalkPCR
Scanner Recorder
Teamspeak 2

I also run a local weather program to see incoming Doppler and lightning.

SCPD

QRT
snikliw87 said:
Great video! It's nice to see in video how each scanner is organized and what it is scanning. Do you take your hand helds with you if you go anywhere? Wouldn't you have wanted a base model instead?

Yes I take my hand helds in the car everywhere I go. The other two stay at home.

All radios are programed with the same scan lists so they can function any way I want them to. With the exception of Digital radio my PSR-500 does all of that. I have it setup

Bearcat- Simplex ems/fire, and conventional RCMP / Rockeyview district, Calgary Tone out fire calls.

Icom- Set to unitrunker (Calgary hybrid system)

Pro 97- Calgary Fire / Ems

Gre500- Calgary Digital radio ie: Police, Airport authorities, ect..

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Wonderful setup and like stated - presentation is fantastic , thanks for that video.....5 stars rating all the way !!!

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hey Calgarytoad,
That was great! Just a great little shack and very cool idea on the video. I may do one in the summer as well.

pathalogical

Nice video ! I wanted to suggest a "YouTube your Shack" thread a while ago, but kept putting it off...just like I keep putting off pics of my shack. I'll do it eventually ! What do you keep in that Altoids tin ? I ditched those awful tasting candies and now I keep six AA nimh batts in there that rotate in my 246.

Status
Not open for further replies.