Analog Radio Identifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimab

Is there a way to receive the radio identifiers with a scanner? For example, my town uses analog motorola hardware. Their dispatch consoles get radio identifiers for all radios. Can these be captured with a scanner? Does it require a discriminator tap and some software?

I'm not sure I'm googling my question correctly so I haven't found any obvious results.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Is there a way to receive the radio identifiers with a scanner? For example, my town uses analog motorola hardware. Their dispatch consoles get radio identifiers for all radios. Can these be captured with a scanner? Does it require a discriminator tap and some software?

I'm not sure I'm googling my question correctly so I haven't found any obvious results.

The newer Uniden scanners have this feature (the BCT15X and newer that is).

I include Radio IDs on my feed and a Radio ID Structure Chart on my feed info page.

Last edited:

dimab

The newer Uniden scanners have this feature (the BCT15X and newer that is).

I include Radio IDs on my feed and a Radio ID Structure Chart on my feed info page.

Can you explain? I'm aware uniden does it for trunked systems, but not for analog radio units.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Uniden only does it for analog trunking. It does not do it for conventional analog.

If they're using MDC (burst at the beginning and or me of transmission) than you can use the software already mentioned.

D

DaveNF2G

There is an iPhone app called RadioID that can decode several formats. All you have to do is put your phone where it can hear the scanner's speaker audio. You can also use a wire connection, but I've used it without one and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.