Anderson, SC and Uniden HomePatrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarrySC

I only know of one HP-1 in that area. Worked OK. With the new talk groups just added I would expect it's not up to date. Good Luck.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I only know of one HP-1 in that area. Worked OK. With the new talk groups just added I would expect it's not up to date. Good Luck.

Good thing for HomePatrol users is that the master database is updated weekly.
That means that any new talkgroups in the RR.com database will show up in the
next weeks updated master database.
Or, if needed, one can easily add any talkgroups using the Uniden Sentinel Software.

Mike-
I have relatives in Anderson (my great grandfather was mayor of Anderson and my father still has a law firm downtown). I visit the area frequently and was just down there over
Thanksgiving. I had my HomePatrol HP-1 with me and it performed like a champ on both the legacy Palmetto 800 system as well as the Palmetto 800 P25 system.
I even managed to record a pursuit using the HomePatrol internal recording feature:
SCHP pursuit 11-30-2013 05:24AM - YouTube

The HomePatrol HP-1 works great in the Anderson area.
Marshall KE4ZNR

mikesatter

Member - K4AFT
Good thing for HomePatrol users is that the master database is updated weekly.
That means that any new talkgroups in the RR.com database will show up in the
next weeks updated master database.
Or, if needed, one can easily add any talkgroups using the Uniden Sentinel Software.

Mike-
I have relatives in Anderson (my great grandfather was mayor of Anderson and my father still has a law firm downtown). I visit the area frequently and was just down there over
Thanksgiving. I had my HomePatrol HP-1 with me and it performed like a champ on both the legacy Palmetto 800 system as well as the Palmetto 800 P25 system.
I even managed to record a pursuit using the HomePatrol internal recording feature:
SCHP pursuit 11-30-2013 05:24AM - YouTube

The HomePatrol HP-1 works great in the Anderson area.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Thanks for the information! After some research on my own, I think I might purchase the new BCD436HP by Uniden after watching their online video when I receive my tax refund. You are right about the updates and that is a big selling feature for me.

I listened to your video and believe I caught the end of the chase on my Radio Shack Pro 197, it's amazing what some people will do.

Thanks again, Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.