Android hack via a png image

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Android users could be remotely hacked simply by viewing a legitimate-looking PNG image, Google has warned in its latest security update.
The Android Security Bulletin for February lists 42 vulnerabilities in the Google mobile operating system, 11 of which are critical.
“The most severe of these issues is a critical security vulnerability in Framework that could allow a remote attacker using a specially crafted PNG file to execute arbitrary code within the context of a privileged process,” it warned.
“The severity assessment is based on the effect that exploiting the vulnerability would possibly have on an affected device, assuming the platform and service mitigations are turned off for development purposes or if successfully bypassed.”

Android Users Exposed to Remote Hack via PNG File

I never, ever store passwords in my browser. I always knew that was rife for attack. I use a combination of the browser add-on PWDHash and Keepass. And my Keepass database is backed up in an encrypted 7Z archive in serveral places including on a DVD/RW disk that remains in my fire proof safe. My website is also backed up to DVD/RW, and if the database grows I'll split it into parts and store on Blu-ray. I don't trust mechanical and flashed-based storage. Though I do use it as an additional layer, i.e the cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.