Anne Arundel County Firealarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayG1176

This is the 911 Call Takers Desk. This is what it looks like after the county got the system upgrade early last year. Any questions just leave them below and I’ll make sure they get answered. (yes I have permission to upload/release this photo from fire alarm members) Enjoy your day!
2576F443-A959-4D6A-AC9E-CDA58D6677F1.jpeg

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the photo - can you explain what information is normal shown on each display, and from what system the info is derived from?

JayG1176

Thanks for the photo - can you explain what information is normal shown on each display, and from what system the info is derived from?
Bottom left screen is the phone basiclly, that’s where they can call and answer from. Top left screen is a map that I believe also shows units locations (it does on one of the screens). In the middle is where enter all the call info and what not. The one on the right is a CAD for the department. It also shows police incidents as well.

JayG1176

Bottom left screen is the phone basiclly, that’s where they can call and answer from. Top left screen is a map that I believe also shows units locations (it does on one of the screens). In the middle is where enter all the call info and what not. The one on the right is a CAD for the department. It also shows police incidents as well.
This station in the photo isn’t where the calls get dispatched. Once all the info is entered it’s then seen on the dispatchers screen and he/she dispatches it from there then the tac operators handle it from there’s

maus92

Premium Subscriber
This station in the photo isn’t where the calls get dispatched. Once all the info is entered it’s then seen on the dispatchers screen and he/she dispatches it from there then the tac operators handle it from there’s
Are the calltakers unified. or are calls screened and then sent to specialized calltakers depending on service type (or forwarded to other agencies?)

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Are the calltakers unified. or are calls screened and then sent to specialized calltakers depending on service type (or forwarded to other agencies?)

Police gets the call and determines if it is police or fire related. The call is then transferred over to Fire Alarm. The next available call taker in Fire Alarm answers the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.