Anne Arundel County New Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Where are the transmission sites in Howard county?
Cooksville, Alpha Ridge, Ellicott City, Jonestown, Timbers, Savage, Scaggsville, Howard General, Dayton, and maybe Mt Airy.

Last edited:

SpectrumKing

Premium Subscriber
Cooksville, Alpha Ridge Ellicott City, Jonestown, Timbers, Savage, Scaggsville, Howard General, Dayton, and maybe Mt Airy.
Wow. I was thinking it would be 1 macro site and Columbia and 1 in western Howard county. Sounds like they really have the area covered well.

marksmith

I just used the sentinel software. I really only care about the 850 talk groups so maybe i might have picked up other stations. Don’t know cuz I locked them out.

Couldn’t justify the price for the HP2 so I returned it. Have an RTL2832U pair coming later this week with 2 telescoping antennas. From amazon.

Not worried about the setup being complex. I’m a software dev so I’m used to stuff like this.

Hey how hard would it be to pickup Baltimore city 850 from Columbia? The radioreference site has the coverage for Baltimore extending just past the city limits. But not sure how accurate it is.
I live in Northern AA County. I have been able to monitor Baltimore City flawlessly for a few years with 996xt/396xt or the 536/436. But lots of people tell me this is unusual because of the simulcast issue. I guess just in the right place. Could never receive Baltimore County with these radios even though I get a 5x5 full signal. Simulcast distortion again.

With the newer sds100 and sds200 the reception is now excellent on Baltimore City, Baltimore County and even the CMARC system's Harford site, and PG County which is impossible with the other radios.

I would guess Columbia would be out of range of the Baltimore City site with anything other than the SDS radios, though I have not tried around the park as mentioned above.

Mark
SDS100&200/536/436/WS1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
36880 is a new Sheriffs Department talkgroup. Testing and some radio traffic. Maybe van transportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.