Another BCT15 firmware difficulty, need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayam

So I opened up my BCT15 scanner today and checked the firmware it's v 1.03.04, so I need to update it. I checked the link I found on this discussion board and doenloaded the installer and the firmware update. Useing a RS USB to Comm cable w/driver I attempted to load the firmware. I seemed to have it on my computer ok and the installer works. But an error message with several options comes up.with several possabilities.
1.Bad connection. The RS cable had just communicated fine with my GPS So I cheked all of the com port numbers and speed to match, computer and radio. I started BCtool and it connects fine and is logging and controlling BCT15.
2. No power to BCT15, I;m looking at a blank orange screen with backlight on.
3. Did not press L/O and #6 while turning on, see #3 above.
4. Removed batteries I do not know about batteries for the BCT15
5. Firmware version is corrupted download another.
\Anyone know another source for the firmware?
Any other suggestions?

Larry Grayam N7XIV

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
1.Bad connection. The RS cable had just communicated fine with my GPS So I cheked all of the com port numbers and speed to match, computer and radio. I started BCtool and it connects fine and is logging and controlling BCT15.

4. Removed batteries I do not know about batteries for the BCT15
You are right about the batteries, no batteries in the 15.

Did you try doing a restart on your computer after you shut down BCTool. That might make sure BCTool is not still keeping the comm port busy. Make sure no other program is tying up the comm port.

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I would open the device manage in Windows and verify the Com port number. In the BC_UP is there a pull down with multiple ports available? If you use a hotsynk for PDA or another device make sure it's not running in the background.

When you set the radio up for the update, the power supply should be connected. Be sure you hold the L/O and 6 button, then turn on the power switch. The display will be blank with the orange/red background only.

grayam

Thanks everyone for the help. The problem seemed to be a corrupt BC uploader software as soon as I replaced it with another download I was able to update the firmware to 1.06. Now all I have to do is get this to recognize an EDACS system. BTW I'm now trunk tracking the St. Lucie County F;orida Public Safety system fine. The renanding firmware seems to do the trick, that rebanding is why I got the new BCT15 scanner in the first place. Thanks again-Larry Grayam N7XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.