• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Another "Beauty of a Yupi" repaired.

Great work; this scanner is the reason I joined this forum. I'm interested to learn if the MVT-7000 or the MVT-7100 is more sensitive to RF signals. I read somewhere that the more sensitive model is more prone to unwanted noise, though I could be mistaken.

I have one of those I bought in Japan many years ago, now that this thread stimulated the memory I will have to go dig it our of the pile and see what it can hear. Not tons of analog these days for public safety but mil air and regular air there should be some stuff to listen too. Excellent job on the repair.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for posting your repair stories! I love to read them. I have a 7100 that I will never part with. Wonderful receiver!