Another "Beauty of a Yupi" repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work; this scanner is the reason I joined this forum. I'm interested to learn if the MVT-7000 or the MVT-7100 is more sensitive to RF signals. I read somewhere that the more sensitive model is more prone to unwanted noise, though I could be mistaken.

techsender

I have one of those I bought in Japan many years ago, now that this thread stimulated the memory I will have to go dig it our of the pile and see what it can hear. Not tons of analog these days for public safety but mil air and regular air there should be some stuff to listen too. Excellent job on the repair.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for posting your repair stories! I love to read them. I have a 7100 that I will never part with. Wonderful receiver!

RogerH11

Its not really sensitivity, its selectability. I love Yupi but they are prone to interference. It really depends on your RF conditions, I have little problem here, but avoid if in tough RF area. I've been playing with my 7100 tonight and about to dig out the 9000. If it wasn't for Trunking, I'd never buy a US based radio since GRE left Japan. Icom, Yup, and AOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.