• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Another Bluetooth Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlnorth

I have finally been able to find a Bluetooth receiver that will pair with my G5, but I'm noticing that when I have the G5 in the charger, it doesn't work. This is just the standard charger, not the amplified version.

I had been trying various Bluetooth receivers now for several weeks and none of them worked, but all of those attempts were made with the pager in the charger. Just by chance, I had the pager out of the charger earlier today and attempted to pair with a new Bluetooth receiver and it worked. As soon as I put the pager in the charger, audio started coming out of the pager's speaker and stopped coming out of my PC's speakers (the BT receiver was connected via audio cable to the line in on the PC).

I'm attempting to run one of my Broadcastify feeds using the pager, so leaving it out of the charger to run off of battery power isn't an option.

Does anyone know if the amplified charger works in the same manner, in that it disables the Bluetooth on the pager when the pager is inserted into the charger?

The feed sounds great using BT...no "thump" noises that have been described in other threads, so that's why I'm trying to use that rather than an amplified charger and audio cable.

dlnorth

From what I have read here the BT will not work while the radio is charging/plugged in. I was considering this for my feed too at one time.

Ok. I thought I had read every BT related post on here but I must have missed that one. Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Guess I'll be getting an amplified charger and will just have to deal with that dreaded thumping sound.

mswells

WB6JLB
Feed Provider
You can still keep it charged for your feed, if you just charge it from USB, instead of the drop in charger, as the Bluetooth still works ok, I done that way.
What Model Bluetooth receiver did you find, that works good for it ??

ncarpenter

Premium Subscriber
I'm also interested in knowing what BT receiver you've found to use with taking audio from a G4/G5 to computer. My computer has a built-in BT tranceiver, but I can't get the pager to pair with it as an audio device at all. Thanks!

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Just an idea:
Is it not doing bluetooth when its plugged in because it thinks you want to use their charger/speaker base?

Just wondering...I had one of those charger/speaker bases by Unication and was not impressed overall.

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
got a new g4 and a friend helped me set it up this thing is working great one problem maybe you guys can help . i have a set of Bluetooth headphones that paired fine
the issue i have is i get a beep before each call and sometimes it cuts off the response too. are you guys getting this short beep or do i have a setting wrong. it is like having the alert tone set in your group list. i was going to get amp charging station to use the audio out jack and set something up off that but i heard it does not work well.

The beep you are hearing from your bluetooth headset when connected to the pager is a known issue with the Unication G4/5.

To this date, there has be no fix nor does the company acknowledge the issue.

To sum it up....

You are ****e out of luck using Bluetooth on those pagers.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
got a new g4 and a friend helped me set it up this thing is working great one problem maybe you guys can help . i have a set of Bluetooth headphones that paired fine
the issue i have is i get a beep before each call and sometimes it cuts off the response too. are you guys getting this short beep or do i have a setting wrong. it is like having the alert tone set in your group list. i was going to get amp charging station to use the audio out jack and set something up off that but i heard it does not work well.
Unication decided to make each reception a new call to the BT, to conserve battery. So the beep/alert is from your headset.

In one of the threads, someone said that they used headphones meant for music, with no phone protocol, and there was no alert.

Sent using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider

The beep is due to the BT protocol used in the G4/G5 pagers. Its BT 2.1 which is back before media and streaming audio was introduced. Most BT devices today use BT 4 so there is a slight compatability issue.
Basically each time traffic passes from the G4/G5 its initiating a call, so your device is alerting the Bt headset to an incoming call, then it passes audio.

I believe the new G4s and G5s use BT 4 so when those new products hit the USA we will have a much better option supporting BT.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
In one of the threads, someone said that they used headphones meant for music, with no phone protocol, and there was no alert.

I have a BT stereo headset that also will link to my phone (both music and phone), with that headset I get the beeps when the G5 receives.

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
after reading a bunch of posts i think this is 100 percent right we need a old headphone that does not do calls .i have about 7 speakers and head sets and and 3 connect . my soundblaster ones beep bad and cut off the first second of the call, a old 20 dollar pair from amazon beep but not as bad , now my skullcandy barracuda speaker does not beep at all and works perfect only trouble is its a speaker lol so that dont solve my issue . i will look into finding some old headsets some how and report back if i get something that works .i have a few other ideas .found a set of blue tooth computer speakers but there 100 bucks ..the key is they have a headphone jack .so i think this would work these speakers are for computers and video games not cell phones . but dont have 100 to blow right now

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Unication BT

Yes, as others here said, everything you buy will have a beep. ONLY thing I found that works with no beeps was a BT device called Doocooler ... it's been discontinued on Amazon. It only had 2 small faint ticks in the background and you could hear the transmissions perfectly on it using headphones or earbuds. I did find (this) https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Ad..._signin?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1538192812&sr=1-13&

Looks exactly the same and there are others by different names on Amazon.
I'm guessing these are all made under various names .. but should work the same. Mine only lasted about a year before it wouldn't recharge anymore, but with HEAVY, HEAVY use.
I use the charger/amp headphone outlet now.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
I did find a set of (sports) stereo Bluetooth (8 Hours) ear phones from Totu on Amazon for $13.99 that don't have any beeps or signal interruption.
Ed

glimerman

Premium Subscriber
I did find a set of (sports) stereo Bluetooth (8 Hours) ear phones from Totu on Amazon for $13.99 that don't have any beeps or signal interruption.
Ed

someone else mentioned these im going to give them a shot will report back in 2 days when i get them

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I have a BT stereo headset that also will link to my phone (both music and phone), with that headset I get the beeps when the G5 receives.
The phone bit is what causes the alert. If you have one without call support, IE no microphone, it might do what most of us are looking for.

Sent using Tapatalk

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
Yes, as others here said, everything you buy will have a beep. ONLY thing I found that works with no beeps was a BT device called Doocooler ... it's been discontinued on Amazon. It only had 2 small faint ticks in the background and you could hear the transmissions perfectly on it using headphones or earbuds. I did find (this) https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Ad..._signin?s=mp3&ie=UTF8&qid=1538192812&sr=1-13&

Looks exactly the same and there are others by different names on Amazon.
I'm guessing these are all made under various names .. but should work the same. Mine only lasted about a year before it wouldn't recharge anymore, but with HEAVY, HEAVY use.
I use the charger/amp headphone outlet now.

Interestingly, I've tried to use this device and it initially works well for approximately 5 to 10 minutes, then my G5 goes totally dead, almost as if one pulled the battery out of it. No lights, no audio, no controls, no NOTHING. I must do a reset in order to "bring it back to life." I've tried NUMEROUS times and always get the same result.

Any thoughts on THIS unique behavior?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Interestingly, I've tried to use this device and it initially works well for approximately 5 to 10 minutes, then my G5 goes totally dead, almost as if one pulled the battery out of it. No lights, no audio, no controls, no NOTHING. I must do a reset in order to "bring it back to life."

Have you pulled the battery, for at least five minutes, to reboot the firmware?

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.