another PSR 600 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper21

Is there a way to force the talk groups to digital...

an all P-25 system set to auto

What I'm experiencing is it sometimes starts out on a talk group and shows DG and voice is there like it's supposed to. Then it "switches" to VC right in the middle sometimes with no voice... Sometimes it just shows VC and no voice..

Any ideas or suggestions

Thanks

DonS

By definition, a "P25 Auto" TSYS has its talk groups forced to digital. If the radio is showing "VC" with no voice, it means the digital voice signal was "lost".

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
viper21 said:
Is there a way to force the talk groups to digital...

an all P-25 system set to auto

What I'm experiencing is it sometimes starts out on a talk group and shows DG and voice is there like it's supposed to. Then it "switches" to VC right in the middle sometimes with no voice... Sometimes it just shows VC and no voice..

Any ideas or suggestions

Thanks
I've had that happen on my PSR500 also, only it happens more often at the beginning of the transmission and then after a few seconds the voice picks up. I think this has been discussed in other threads and described as locking on to the control channel, but then will not switch to the voice channel. I have not figured out why this is occurring but it is most often on only one transmitter in a multicasting system. It seems to be better after changing from multisite off to multisite stat and CC check every scan. My 996 picks up the voice fine while the 500 is trying to acquire the voice channel.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.