Ansonia PD High Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB1JHU

I heard what may have been some testing on 151.400 with a DPL of 226. No voice, just what seemed like some random keying of the transmitter.

Cskib32087

Both that freq and DPL have been active today. Just clicking and once somone saying 1-2-3-4-5. I did hear what sounded like a cross patch but very faint and not readable

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I wonder!

I wonder what they will do with their current low band channel? I have to say, even though Im glad they are making the move to VHF, their low band signal is one of the best I have ever heard. I mean the repeaters are loud and clear, no static nothing! Whoever set that system up, did it right. Again, Im glad they are making the move. I'll be monitoring it more now. Initialy they were supposed to have 2 channels. We'll just wait and see. At least with the VHF move I wont need 2 radios to monitor them. I have to use my Yaesu ft-60 Ham portable for everything else and carry my pro-84 to hear Ansonia's low band! I cant wait!

Manny

N1GTL

Database Admin
Main PD will be:
151.4000 input: 155.9175 DPL 226

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
COOL!
I've been monitoring it all day today. Nothing.! Thats the cool thing about having multiple scanners, you can leave one parked on a particular channel and let the rest do the hard work!

Manny

N1GTL

Database Admin
You wont hear much yet. Maybe just an occasional test count. They are only adding one repeater for main police. It will be in simulcast for a time during the cut-over. Other channels being added are simplex. FD side is also getting updated but only backbone stuff, no frequency changes.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
One repeater ey?
Hmm! Well, I hope that the quality of signal remains the same. As I said before, Ansonia PD has great audio and signal quality considering its low band.

Manny

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
39.98 is going bye-bye the last I heard. The reason APD is going to high band is to be able to communicate with both Derby and Seymour with ease. Also with the FD on high band already it just makes it easier for the PD to listen in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.