• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BC92XLT: Antenna gain for OEM antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainMike

Premium Subscriber
What is the dB gain (in dBd) for the OEM antenna that comes with the BC92XLT? I am considering an upgrade but I want to know how much of an improvement I am making to determine if it's worth the cost.

kayn1n32008

Hand held antenna??? Likely something on the order of -6 to -12dbd. As in almost anything you buy will be an improvement, as long as it is made for the bands you are listening to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Voyager

I've always read -3 dBd for a typical duck. Of course, different bands will be different gains, and especially Low Band will be inefficient. That could easily reach -10 dBd for the stock duck, and they are usually made for 150-950 MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.