Antenna rotators

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
N1BHH said:
Something that must be done before purchasing any rotator to be used in an attic is to check to see how much room you have. Here in the northeast, most roofs have a high pitch and plenty of height and turning radius is not an issue. How much of a turning radius does the beam take? I have seen a rotor in an attic, simply mounted to a plate bolted to the rafters and a small mast to mount the antenna and it rotates free. That's one consideration that some people miss. If it's a 6 or 7 element yagi at 800 Megahertz, it won't be too much of a problem, at 6-7 elements on 2 meters, that could be a problem. The 800 Megahertz antenna would take up far less of a turning radius. Just another thought before you jump in. I prefer outdoor antennas to indoor, they tend to work much better, without obstacles.

Yep they do.. Unfortunately, my HOA would kick my arse.

I am just using an 800mhz yagi on mine. I have a Scantenna up there as well.. I have about 10ft of height available in my upstairs attic. The one over my downstairs garage has about 15ft of height, but it's not near as high. I am using the one upstairs for height and the fact that my cable runs are only about 25 ft now.

Now if I can just quite falling out of the attic, I'll get it all put together someday. :D

k9rzz

FYI: These are more expensive than above, and get kind of a bad rap on eham.net, but I have two and like them alot. Have had no problems turning some fairly large VHF stacks with 'em.

G-450XL_150pm.jpg

Yaesu 450XL

Status
Not open for further replies.