• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Antenna suggestions for Unication G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hou30guy

Not bad at all
ed660b5ca32c4cecf1cb0fd448ea2557.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

troymail

Silent Key
I am looking at antennas is motorola the best upgrade or does anyone have another brand that is good? I found one i like on ebay its motorola but i know there are alot of clones and fake antenna on ebay. This is one i like about 4 inch motorola.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-MOTORO...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Is it real and or does anyone have any better suggestions?

I have one but almost never use it - > 95% of the time, I still prefer the Radio Shack 800 Mhz antenna (or equiv) for better performance... the other 5% of the time I use the stock antenna for "road trips" when monitoring multi-site systems....

NC3Z

I had posted this on the FB group the other day when I quantified some #'s.

I am in a fringe area. I used the antenna off my XTS5000 (Moto 8505241U11) and reliably had 1 extra bar and under diagnostics measured a good 15dB better signal with the XTS antenna.

Typical #'s with the nub was -119 to -115 (2-3 bars) and the XTS antenna was -101 to >-100dB (4-5 bars). The antenna fits perfectly. Note that the 8505241U11 is a 7-800Mhz antenna, there are similar ones which are only 800. This model has a green based SMA.

The 8505241U11 can also be had on Ebay as new for $10 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8505241U11...LA-XTS1500-XTS2250-XTS2500-Radio/263480736187

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
I would be skeptical of the one out of texas as i note the antenna itself is stamped with the “M” but i see there is no reference to it being Motorola OEM on the packaging. I use the one pictured above that says 7-800 GPS on the antenna. It came in a Motorola marked package. I got it on ebay for like $28 and it improved reception 1 to 2 bars. And also remember you will need to trim the rubber lip on the bottom flush for any Motorola antenna to work properly and seat on the G4-G5 pin. You can search this forum for several threads (with pics) including mine an “best antenna for G5. If you search EBAY for “Motorola OEM antenna” you will see some counterfits but also you will see some in the proper Motorola packaging. This is what you want, might cost more than the $12 and free shipping ones that say “sorry, no packaging” but a world of difference in performance. My model # is NAR6595...Mac

Last edited:

hou30guy

If it's a 700/800mhz antenna it will work better than stock, Motorola oem or not, i been there done that

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I use the antenna below. It works fantastic. I constantly receive sites over 2 counties away.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/V08-800-MH...-XTS5000-XTS3000-XTS2500-XTS1500/262310462943

It is a genuine Motorola antenna hand tuned for 806-860 MHz.

They do have one tuned for 764-862 MHz. which was released after I bought mine. I expect this antenna to perform even better. I just purchased this new antenna and will sell the other one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/V07-Stubby...114787?hash=item3b13e91ca3:g:6SoAAOSwzgRW0lHj

I had to trim a little plastic off the bottom with a razor blade to eliminate a little bulge.

G4_Antenna.jpg

Last edited:

b1100mac

Premium Member
Premium Subscriber
I agree with NC3Z that the gps is not really needed on the G radios, but at the time I bought mine it was the only one available on ebay that was in oem motorola packaging. I am a stickler on that. (Ironicly, the OEM motorola antenna is manufactured for them in Malaysia, but to THEIR specifications)
Buy what you want, buy what you can afford, etc, I am anal about getting the best gear out there, I guess thats why I have 4 G5’s and a G1 and dumped every thing else (uniden, whistler, gre, and RS)
The package above does not say Motorola on it so I would’nt buy it but if that works for you go for it

NC3Z

Is this the good one?

The 8505241U11 I noted is listed as a "gain" antenna whereas this 8505241U15 is not, but it is a tad shorter. Is the shorter size with $20 vs $10. For me the 8505241U11 for 410 will augment the supplied nub antenna when needed.

I did perform tests with a 8505241U11 I already had on my Viper XTS5000 before I bought one just for the G4.

seth21w

Ok thanks guys for the info! I wont order that one if that is not motorola packaging! I too am a stickler for quality dont matter the price! I already have an used motorola 800 on the way from earlier this week when i ordered it. It is the 7 inch model, is there any way that i could possibly trim it down some myself as it appears that is what the stub antenna w8 had posted about is, a tuned motorola antenna.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
This thread surprises me. Most all the reviews I've read regarding the Unication, remarked on how well the stock stubby antenna worked.

Regarding the replacement antenna, the name 'Motorola' doesn't make it a better antenna. Truth be known, Motorola most likely doesn't even make them.

radio3353

Is this the good one?

I have a question into Command Communications (who is the eBay vendor for this antenna) asking if this is really Motorola OEM since it does not say Motorola on the label. I will let everybody know when I hear back.

BTW, Command Communications is an authorized Unication dealer and a legit public-safety communication dealer so I trust they are truthful.

radio3353

This thread surprises me. Most all the reviews I've read regarding the Unication, remarked on how well the stock stubby antenna worked.

Regarding the replacement antenna, the name 'Motorola' doesn't make it a better antenna. Truth be known, Motorola most likely doesn't even make them.

Could be these users are on the fringe of the systems they are interested in and just need a little more signal strength.

The Unication stubby works quite well for me inside and outside the house for the three systems I listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.