Antenna Tower (GTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unlisted

I know this isn't the Buy sell trade forum, but I figure I will get better mileage in Ontario..

Does anyone know where I can locate a triangular antenna tower (tv, light commercial tower, etc) in the GTA (ideally) or Golden Horseshoe area - for a good price? (or free) It can be a used tower. Looking for around 25-40+ feet. If someone knows of a standing tower, I have a few friends with tower experience who can remove it as well.

Google, Craigslist and Kijiji have very limited results. Durham Radio and Radioworld don't even seem to sell these.. All they carry now is monopole towers, which won't work for my application.

Thanks all.

VE3JSO

my best suggestion is maybe put a classified ad in the local paper maybe you can get lucky

zob-slantzero

Premium Subscriber
Got lucky about three weeks ago. Went to a yard sale with my wife and found two ten foot sections for $10 each. I've been checking the papers since.

unlisted

Thanks all, I got a reply to one of my online ad's (kijiji)

Also the "ontario swap shop" has changed to a new site- and to register you "have" to have a legit ham callsign.. (fail)

polkaroo

Missed him again!
<offtopic>
Someone please get the Ontario Swap Shop guys something else other than Notepad to make a site.
and <h1> is like so 1996.... might as well <blink> :)
</blink>
</h1>
</offtopic>

pathalogical

Try looking in older neighbourhoods. My hood still has quite a few towers and many other hoods around me. They could use some tlc from being weather beaten, and they are still standing even from some of the wild windy weather we've been getting. The average height would be about 3x10 ft triangle tower + 10 ft spire/mast. Try knocking on some doors, my guess is some people may want to get rid of it but just don't know who to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.