Antron 99 on Chimney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Here are some pictures of my Antron 99 on my chimney. My house is on a big hill. The chimney is 30-35 feet above the base...but 100 or more relatively to the ground around. The antenna is 15-20 feet with an extra 3 feet of the mast...the mast is 10 feet, 3 feet is exposed above the chimney. I used 4 "W" brackets, with self tapping screws. I also ran a 40 foot grounding wire to the ground. There is a 10 foot copper grounding rod that we drove into the ground with a sledge hammer and a cap on top in the worst dirt in the state of PA. It is mostly shale. I used regular connections for the grounding wire. The coax is 50ft and temporarily goes through a window. I don't have my base station complete yet. My pictures could be found here on Google. http://picasaweb.google.com/mbrulo/Antenna

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Antrons are GREAT antennas - I have talked all over the world in the past using one. Show off your base station as soon as you get a chance.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
WatnNY said:
Antrons are GREAT antennas - I have talked all over the world in the past using one. Show off your base station as soon as you get a chance.

What radio did you use? What radios do you like?

nova1010

Yes the Antron 99 are great antennas,I used to have one many moons ago.(15 years ago)

Had mine hooked to a cobra 2000 and sometimes the cobra148,I also used it on an older SW radio worked great on SW too.I sure do miss having mine.

great pics thanks for sharing.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Yes they are supposedly great for the 10 meter ham band.

And I used a Ranger RCI-2950! The old work horse of sidebanding! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.