• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Antron 99 swr issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ6

Hi

I hope this is in the right section.

I have an antron 99 but have a swr issue, on the UK cb frequencies, i have a swr of 1.7 on channel 19, 2.7 on channel 40, some people are telling me it is has a pre set swr and you can't adjust it, but there are 2 tuning rings on it which are at the lowest position, i take it i can adjust these to bring the swr down?.

Thanks for any help.

Phill

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi

I have an antron 99 but have a swr issue, on the UK cb frequencies, i have a swr of 1.7 on channel 19, 2.7 on channel 40, some people are telling me it is has a pre set swr and you can't adjust it, but there are 2 tuning rings on it which are at the lowest position, i take it i can adjust these to bring the swr down?.

Thanks for any help.

Phill
1;7 Swr isn't really anything to worry about, but yes you can dink with the tuning rings at the risk of causing a higher swr. Its up to you, but I'd leave it alone. 73, n9zas

TheSpaceMann

Hi

Thanks for any help.

Phill
The UK CB frequencies are slightly above US CB frequencies, but slightly below 10 meter ham! You may have to adjust the A99's length to get optimum SWR.

KB0VWG

If you can mark where you have the rings now and then adjust, but there is no way to adjust the length, just by the rings only.
kb0vwg
wqoi992

TheSpaceMann

You can trim the top of the antenna. That's how I got mine to give a 1.1 to 1 SWR on 10 meters.

cmdrwill

Reading the antenna manual:

So the antenna is sensitive to anything in the near field. And that will screw up the SWR.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 351

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi

Thanks for any help.

Phill
Phil you might try a different vswr bridge as well. Not all are accurate. 73, n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.