Any consistent APCO in the NYC area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shell6

I've been wanting to try out my scanner on some P25 channels but I haven't quite been able to. Does anyone know a consistent channel I could try?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You're better off asking about frequencies and their use in the NY regional forum. So I've moved your post. The APCO-25 forum is for discussion of the technology and how it works.

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
You could try Yonkers PD in Westchester Along with Greenburgh and Dobbs Ferry. The frequencies are in the database. I am getting all 3 in Northern New Jersey. Having some audio issues with Yonkers on my 996. But Greenburgh and Dobbs Ferry come in excellent. If you are feeling real lucky you can try Rutherford PD in NJ near Giants Stadium, they are digital on 453.8250 and Franklin Lakes which is Northwest Bergen County 470.4000 they just moved to digital 4 weeks ago.

maalox

shell6 said:
I've been wanting to try out my scanner on some P25 channels but I haven't quite been able to. Does anyone know a consistent channel I could try?
hi nyc cg 164.9125 is p25 active 166.6375 us park pd is active fps 417.2 is also p25 active.

Last edited:

shell6

Thanks. I might give these a try tonight. I've always had the CG freq but never any activity on it.

shell6

I was finally able to prove that my radio's P25 works......... while scanning the public safety band. Turns out upstate is using it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.