Any Experienced amateur radio users in the Clackamas County area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowhunter1986

My name is Mike I'm form the Clackamas county area I'm looking for any and as much insite/knowledge from experienced users of amateur radios as possible #1...I would like to know where I take the test..#2... I spend alot of time way back in the hills hunting,hiking,exploring abandoned mines and such so what would be best radio to go with? #3...Is there any local groups that get together?

na7q

Feed Provider
Do you have facebook? We've got lots of groups for the general area. Mileage will vary on what folks will give you in response to what you want or need.
But I can certainly do my best to help out. I'm a big back country hiker, explorer, off trail sorta ham myself. I use two radios (wife is typically with me). A Yaesu FT1XDR with APRS running. And a Baofeng UV82. Both are great radios. Yes, even a Baofeng is a great radio at a cheap price. So a Baofeng may be an option. If you have lots of money to spend, you could go with other high dollar radios with extra features, but you may not use any of those features.

Let me know if you want to chat more.

Status
Not open for further replies.