Any info with Madisonville PD going P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxiso

I have not heard a but one transmission from MPD since 11PM last night 10-97 at M.E. Office then I heard dispatch say all units "do the switch" after that silence.. SO and FD and EMS I hear but it seems like some of their transmission is silent.. MPD 155.625 has been silent since last night.. Not a word since that time so there has to be a change.. I am poor and can not buy a digital.. Guess I am **** out of luck lol..

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I did a FCC search and there was this listed as police operations, 155.625 155.610 154.710 do you head any odd data or squelch sounds on your analog scanner?

SCPD

QRT
I checked rr database and it has listed in Hopkins county the 2013 implementation of a phase 1 system that is digital. Looks like maybe your pd finally switched. They must had the old VHF still in car and the new radio below or above it on the console and just switched mics or have a dual band VHF/800 radio.

RonnieUSA

I have not heard a but one transmission from MPD since 11PM last night 10-97 at M.E. Office then I heard dispatch say all units "do the switch" after that silence.. SO and FD and EMS I hear but it seems like some of their transmission is silent.. MPD 155.625 has been silent since last night.. Not a word since that time so there has to be a change.. I am poor and can not buy a digital.. Guess I am **** out of luck lol..
Not P25, but NEXEDGE, You can look at the Emission Designators, and see they are licensed for it.
000155.62500000 1 1 2 FB2 20K0F3E, 11K0F3E, 8K30F1E, 4K00F1E ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPVC653 - MADISONVILLE, CITY OF - Frequencies Summary

NEXEDGE - The RadioReference Wiki

voxiso

Well from about 2 hours ago they are back on 155.625.. Donno what they are doing maybe testing?.. is hopkins county going P25 or NEXEDGE? I have seen where people have been saying NEXEDGE on these forums for over a year and seen others say P25..

Last edited:

RonnieUSA

Well from about 2 hours ago they are back on 155.625.. Donno what they are doing maybe testing?.. is hopkins county going P25 or NEXEDGE? I have seen where people have been saying NEXEDGE on these forums for over a year and seen others say P25..

I think You are looking at this wrong, and I could also be wrong, But the City of Madisonville is licensed to use Nexedge, and Hopkins County is licensed for a P25 System.
Maybe Madisonville is using Nexedge, or they could be using the Counties P25 System, it will be up to someone to find out what they are using.

Good Luck!!

wconn

Premium Subscriber
Madisonville PD going P25

NEXEDGE and P25. Hope their plan was not interoperability. Interoperability is a term that most KY government and private organizations failed to understand.

kib669

NEXEDGE and P25. Hope their plan was not interoperability. Interoperability is a term that most KY government and private organizations failed to understand.

The county should have thought about interoperability when they decided to go to a UHF trunked system. Does not matter what modulation technology you use, if you are on a different frequency band you will never be able to directly communicate. All surrounding counties (except Christian and Logan Counties) are on VHF. Christian and Logan counties are doing UHF Nexedge.

The Kentucky interoperability plan does not even include P25, all is analog!

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
I think there is some confusion as to what is going on.... This is my best guess from what I know about the agencies, the P25 system and what I hear on my scanner...

ALL Hopkins County (Sheriff, Fire, EMS) ALL City (Police & Fire) and Dawson Springs (Police & Fire) will be on the UHF P25 system when its complete.

Madisonville PD has been messing around with a NXDN repeater off and on for a while. I think the switch was more than likely a test or a failed attempt at using it. It is VHF so the switch was just a simple channel change on the radio. This is just my best guess and opinion....

As far as interoperability... Good luck.

voxiso

why would MPD be nexedge and the rest of the county be P25, that makes no since at all for a small county.. seems like it would just triple the cost over just one dept

Last edited:

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
why would MPD be nexedge and the rest of the county be P25, that makes no since at all for a small county.. seems like it would just triple the cost over just one dept

Madisonville pd has been messing with their nxdn for while. They will be on the p25 system when it's fully operational. As for why they keep messing with it I can't answer that. The VHF nxdn repeater will be like all the others and be a back up.

kib669

Madisonville pd has been messing with their nxdn for while. They will be on the p25 system when it's fully operational. As for why they keep messing with it I can't answer that. The VHF nxdn repeater will be like all the others and be a back up.

You see very confident that they will go. I have heard previous comments from the city that the PD will not switch unless all of the city switches. They do not have the budget to move the PD, much less the entire city.

SCPD

QRT
I had that thought in mind earlier it's possible the budget didn't allow it. Is it possible they will utilize nxdn then as time or grants allow migrate to other? Just a thought.

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
MPD May operate on NXDN for a while, I'm just making a good guess that they won't :) But since the city FD already has their P25 radios I expect the city pd to find the money somewhere to get theirs. As far as where? That's a good guess.

voxiso

Talked today with someone that is in the know I will not give no more than that said Madisonville PD and FD will be P25 none encrypted along with rest of the county SO and MFD has the radios now and installed and MPD is now installing the radios and all the towers are now ready.. They are looking at switching over by march.. He is 100% legit so that is how it will go down.. He did say they had issues with the st charles tower but is all worked out. He did not say what type of issue. I take it all as GOOD news.. :) He said they wanted to communicate with KSP with no hassle and NXDN caused many issues.. He even said he was shocked hoptown went to it.. He said who paid those in charge there LOL.. I am not saying such a thing just saying what he said..

Last edited:

voxiso

The county vol FDs has still not been able to a grant to upgrade their radios... From what I have been told Madisonville will cover the cost. EMS in the county is ran by a private company and they was told they got to pay for their own upgrades

Last edited:

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
The county vol FDs has still not been able to a grant to upgrade their radios... From what I have been told Madisonville will cover the cost. EMS in the county is ran by a private company and they was told they got to pay for their own upgrades

The County VFD's have been able to get most of the funding for this system thru grants. The portable radios are in and the mobiles have already been installed in the trucks and fire stations. As far as how the other agencies pay for theirs I don't know... It always seems like governments never have the money until they need it, then somehow they find it in their budget :) I noticed a few weeks ago after I had heard about the base radios being installed that there is now a UHF antenna at a couple of the VFD's I drive by.

voxiso

Tonight is nothing but static or the digital sound.. Like I said March.. They are switching over right now at this very minute. This may be to test it during storms but my source said they will switch during March..VFD is still coming in but that is it so I shut down my feed cause it is all digital sound or nothing at all.

Last edited:

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
Tonight is nothing but static or the digital sound.. Like I said March.. They are switching over right now at this very minute. This may be to test it during storms but my source said they will switch during March..VFD is still coming in but that is it so I shut down my feed cause it is all digital sound or nothing at all.

I will listen around and see if I can help diagnose what is going on as well. I know the P25 system isn't complete yet (1 of 3 towers is online, Installation is in progress on the other 2) And last I knew MPD didn't have any P25 radios installed yet. Also, take into consideration the current radios are VHF analog and will be switching to a UHF P25 trunked system that will not be linked to the old system....

While tying this I locked my scanner on MPD 155.625 with their DPL, I have heard Central Dispatch and a couple officers talking as normal. There was what sounded like someone on their CH2 Simplex, it was scratchy. Central can not hear the simplex conversations under normal operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.