Any interesting DMR or NXDN systems to monitor in the Bay Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synthetik

Using an SDS 100 and picked up the DMR and NXDN upgrades. I've added Radio Guys, Silke, Signature, Fisher TeamTalk, and TelePath from RR database but hear very little traffic on them. Wondering if anyone here has any interesting systems (commercial or other service types) I should add to take advantage of these upgrades? Thank you in advance for any help.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Using an SDS 100 and picked up the DMR and NXDN upgrades. I've added Radio Guys, Silke, Signature, Fisher TeamTalk, and TelePath from RR database but hear very little traffic on them. Wondering if anyone here has any interesting systems (commercial or other service types) I should add to take advantage of these upgrades? Thank you in advance for any help.
I hear quite a bit of activity here in Fremont on most of those that you listed. I'm not familiar with the radio you are using, but I would make sure the squelch is not open too wide. Also, I would lock out any transmitter sites that are not local so the scanner isn't tied up searching out of area frequencies. You should hear plenty, especially during business hours M-F.

synthetik

Thanks! I'm still fairly new to DMR, the San Bruno site is the one closest to me and I hear some traffic there but I think maybe 2 companies total. I'm not 100% on how it works. Is it only broadcasting local traffic at the site level or would it rebroadcast traffic over the whole network, or (as makes the most sense) it depends on what the companies paid for in terms of coverage and how the individual talkgroups are set up by the repeater network owners? I also found two HAM DMR networks with sites close to me but they are not in the database (Baycom DMR and DMR-MARC) and have attempted to manually set them up but having some trouble. I posted about that in a separate thread here: https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/manual-entry-of-dmr-systems-in-sentinel.384114/

Status
Not open for further replies.