• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Any Morel Mushroom Hunters??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

With Spring on its way Ive been visiting some of my Mushroom sites looks like the South is coming along quiet well this year so far. Its a little early up here in Ohio and North yet but Im waiting, wont be long to start taking some little hikes. Her is a pretty good site fro the progression of the season.http://morelmushroomhunting.com/morel_progression_sightings_map.htm ...............Hoser

Shortwavewave

Oh yeah yummy, fry them with some butter, goes great with T-Bone steak and mashed potatos.

I usally find them under evergreens, pines, and small covering type trees.

hoser147

Shortwavewave said:
Oh yeah yummy, fry them with some butter, goes great with T-Bone steak and mashed potatos.

I usally find them under evergreens, pines, and small covering type trees.
You summed it up in the first three words.................Hoser

n2mdk

Hi Randy
Love them myself, used to go when I was very young with my grandmother and great aunt. We mostly got puffballs but could find other varieties. I love to cook so I make all sorts of dishes using mushrooms, grilled portobellos are nice oyster and chantrelles love them all.
In my younger days going after psilocybin mushrooms in cow pastures was a rite of pasture, err passage.

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
When I lived in Columbus County people were forever stopping and asking the directions to a place called Pireway - they were looking for a cow pasture to pick mushrooms from but they referred to them simply as shrooms. :lol:

hoser147

For me I like to get out and walk some of what ole man winter help me put on. Take in a little quite time and enjoy the view. Its usually a short passage around here the foilage starts to come on and once it gets tall enough its a lost cause. And ya never give up your hot spots. At 25 bucks +a pound ya take advantage of what mother nature gives ya, and its some great eatn. It used to be great when I could take all three of my kids, they dont miss a thing and height of em works well too. Always looking for that Mother load..............hoser

car2back

When I was in High School, I helped a guy look for mushrooms once until I figured out what kind we were looking for ;)

Seriously, I have some family (mostly older generation) that do it

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
car2back said:
psilocybin kind :lol:
is that what the "dudes" wanted in Pireway - well I'll be darn........no wonder they looked so funny with them big grins on thier faces when they came back through - let me explain...........the guy says to me out the window and I might add he looked like the cheshire cat with the big grin , he says hey man sorry I'm driving so fast through your neighborhood......I just said ok well be careful and slow down........as I rode away from his window on my bicycle :lol: , they were doing about 15 miles an hour......:D

hoser147

Goin to have me a big ole ribeye and some fresh Mushrooms tonite. 2 friends and myself ran into a nice patch of about 100 yesterday. Let the games begin with some good eating and hopefully more good finds, they were all blacks so there are more to come.............Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.