any one ever hear your street you live on on your scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrek_lee_25

just now across from where i live a 1089 aka burglary in progress happened also we called the fire department when our dryer caught fire and we called the cops on our neighbors for having a illegal burn

hoser147

yep 2 house fires on my street and the dog warden came here once ask me where my dog was, told him probably in the kennel, went out back and there he was on the wrong side of the fence, opened the door and let him in, went back to the front door and said yep he's in there. Good thing there are plenty of Black labs in my hood.........H:lol:ser

pogbobo

lol more than a few times ... noise complaints, EMS calls (one today actually haha)

Utah_Viper

I have posted quite a few time in the Utah section of times I have heard my apartments on the scanner; a SWAT raid, Dead Child, Shooting... its a great place actually.

derrek_lee_25

there was a fight at my old high school on friday 2 kids were arested but thats a block from where i live

freqs

derrek_lee_25 said:
just now across from where i live a 1089 aka burglary in progress happened also we called the fire department when our dryer caught fire and we called the cops on our neighbors for having a illegal burn
yep fd dispatch to my house for a smoke investigation and i was at my moms house herd it on the scanner

CWR

Yep , The Sheriff showed-up across the street to do an eviction.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
More than once.

Most recently, a gentleman three houses down passed away at home. His wife came home and found him dead in the recliner.

About a year ago, driving home from the office, I heard fire dispatch to MY HOUSE for a house fire. Seems my neighbor across the street was burning leaves and the smoke made the neighbor behind think my house was burning.

Four or five years ago, another across the street neighbor took a tree through her roof.

Early in my scanner career, I worked mids at DMAFB in Tucson. I was getting ready to go to work when I heard a 'possible B&E' on the corner. Decided to wait for the all clear before I left.

Stormscanner

Feed Provider
Yep. I was eating lunch at work one day and the VFD was toned out to a possible DOA at the house next door to me. Turns out the elderly lady passed away in her sleep. About swallowed my fork.

jakegday

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
my street, yes, my neighborhood, oh goodness yes, my place specifically, just once for a squad call

rafale01010

One day coming home from working at the wonderful store of Krogers, i heard a dispatch for station 3 to respond to a "traffic accident" on my road. rode by the scene, ended up the accident dealt with someone getting hurt riding a four-wheeler. i do live in the country so i guess that would be considered a traffic accident.

JESSERABBIT

We have a good number of old (elderly) people who live in my development. Yes, there are a good number of rescue calls here. In the past five years there have been at least fifteen for them as well for a person who cannot stay sober on my street who also has martial difficulties. There is a ballfield located here and is used on a fairly regular basis for a landing zone.

n4yek

My next door neighbor, I was outside one day when a group of un-marked cars went flying into his drive-way. He had 153 pot plants growing in his house and had sold to an undercover officer. He was a good guy, I never knew he had this going on inside of his house.
He is now in his second year of a five year sentence of prison.

mjthomas59

Over the past few years i've heard 3 house fires on my street(all of them working fires), 1 of them that burned the house to the ground. Also, more recently a good friend of mine had a car fall on top of him at the end of my street. I didn't hear the initial toneouts but when sirens came roaring down the street i turned on the scanner to discover what had happened.

They were able to bring him back but he had too severe of brain damage and they pulled the plug several days later. His son did CPR(and got the car off of him) until fire/ems arrived.

I love listening to all the "cool" stuff on the scanner, the accidents, fights, burglaries... however it makes you think twice about how "cool" it really is when its on your street and it involves people you know.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Posts merged

I have merged the replies from both threads into this one.

derrek_lee_25:
Please don't post the same topic twice (especially within one minute).

n2mdk

There have been a number of calls to this street and this building. Mostly they have been Fire/EMS calls for assistance or ambulance, but there have been domestic abuse, noise/loud party, magazine sales and one 10-200 smell of Marijuana calls. The 10-200 was in this building just upstairs from me, wasn't Marijuana was someone cooking Indian food. Still can't figure that one out :lol:

hoser147

n2mdk said:
There have been a number of calls to this street and this building. Mostly they have been Fire/EMS calls for assistance or ambulance, but there have been domestic abuse, noise/loud party, magazine sales and one 10-200 smell of Marijuana calls. The 10-200 was in this building just upstairs from me, wasn't Marijuana was someone cooking Indian food. Still can't figure that one out :lol:

Sure it wasnt the peace pipe??????????

SCPD

QRT
Been a few calls on my street that I have missed. One happened around 3am, the little old lady two houses up suffered a stroke.

Two other calls, relating to me, so quite obviously I missed those calls. LOL

My neighborhood is a different story. There have been many medical calls and three house fires all within two blocks from me. Not many police calls, as the neighborhood is fairly middle to upper calls, and not much crime, aside from some littering and minor vandalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.