Any radio shops in michigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rzz

AES in Milwaukee is a fun place to go if you're got $ in your pocket and know exactly what you want. As far as a place to browse? Nope. Not like it used to be. They usually have a few shelves of used gear, but all over priced.

Geezer story: Ahh, now 'back in the day', when Heathkit was right next door, THEN you could blow a few hours. Start at Amateur, poke around, then go to Heathkit and play with their SB104 station they had up on the air. When they moved out, Radio Recyclers (used/consignment) moved in and again, you could blow an hour in here. He had gear and he had bins upon bins of parts. You could spend $1,000 or as little as $0.25 and come out with a smile on your face. :^)

Thinking more: I've never been there, but I hear that CHester's Electronics in Kenosha, WI is a great place to go and browse. I've driven by and it's quite large.

Last edited:

ridgescan

Ham Radio Outlet still has a line of cubicles along a wall with like 20 rigs you can fire up and run off their big beam antenna, and they provide coffee too:) just throwin that out there to show that the old style meet-n-greet demo room stores still happen.

k9rzz

That's very cool. Did'ja know that in all of Chicago-land - including all the xx number of burbs and ?? Million people living there - there is not ONE ham radio type store.

None.

ridgescan

That's very cool. Did'ja know that in all of Chicago-land - including all the xx number of burbs and ?? Million people living there - there is not ONE ham radio type store.

None.
Yeah I see that HRO made a wide turn right around the midwest as well:( apparently there aint enough hams there to keep them in business otherwise they'd be there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.