Any receiving tips for picking up Pinellas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngel

I am in the area of Little road and CR54. I am having some difficulty picking up the main pinellas site 01 and the P25 site from my location. Sometimes depending where i am at in the house I cant even get the control channel to trunk track. I am getting 94% and 99% respectively when it is getting on the systems.

I am using a pro-106 with RS 800mhz scanner. I have researched the pinellas fcc info and one of the towers are about 5miles or so from my location and in the past i have been able to pick the system up clear as far north as port richey. I can pick up pasco with 5 bars, Hillsborough with 3 bars, and clearwater with 3 bars from my location

Is there anything i can do to help my reception with Pinellas? There is no change with attenuation on or off and i will not be able to use a outdoor antenna. Any help would be much appreciated as i really wish to monitor this system in the clear or better

Thanks

kayleesdad

I just got a discone that fits into the broom grip of a dustpan handle (the ones from sams club) that I move from the balcony to the dining room from time to time. much better reception for the p25 and everything else no matter where it's at. I'll have to try the 18 element yagi directional, next. the $30 radio shack antenna (3 prongs verticle, three at an angle from horizontal) improves reception, too. it's antenna month i guess. check out the antenna websites and their recommendations.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
North Pinellas Tower Site?

I am using a pro-106 with RS 800mhz scanner. I have researched the pinellas fcc info and one of the towers are about 5miles or so from my location and in the past i have been able to pick the system up clear as far north as port richey.

I often hear people refer to a tower site somewhere in the northern reaches of Pinellas county (Tarpon?). Your post refers to a tower 5 miles away from you.....wondering where this actualy is and if it is indeed used on the main Pinellas trunk system.

Is there a 3rd site beyond Toytown and Ridgecrest? I am in Palm Harbor and get pretty good signals inside the house with a small r-duck on a handheld, but it would be even better if there was a closer repeater/tower site.

Any ideas what is up with this north county site? Does it actually exist?

Vince

ngel

North Tower

There is a Tower on Old Keystone rd which would be around 5 miles from my location that i am talking about. There is also one in Tarpon as well by Alt 19 N. I believe there is 5 towers total that repeat traffic for ridgecrest site i am not sure about toytown. I found the information on this site and FCC databhttp://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=KNJH386ase. I went on my porch today and was able to receive Hillsborough, Pasco, all Pinellas sites and Clearwater system with 5 bars. So obviously it is something in my house or building materials?

Last edited:

kayleesdad

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

So how will you find the interference? Maybe turn off the main power to see if the problem continues and then try to isolate the source by turning one appliance on at a time? My cell phone creates a noise interference, proximity to computers seems to affect reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.