HP-2: Any rumors on updates to the HP-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetypro79

Scanning since 1967
Premium Subscriber
Anchorage-Alaska, Boise-Idaho, Salem-Oregon
This seems to be a well designed radio and somewhat trouble free as compared to the 436

Any rumors on DRMO or provoice updates to the firmware?

If it should come to pass ........ ( of course owners will pay for this)

marksmith

Have not heard of any DMR, provoice, or NXDN discussions about the HP2.

I am very happy with the fact that this radio (HP2) has not had any issues and continues to operate without problems or issues on its original firmware. After 6 months, I bought a second one.

I suspect that the esoteric radio system types and enhancements for additional fees will remain with the x36 radios.

They seem to consider the HP1 and HP2 as introductory or new user radios, even though they contain some of the very advanced fearures, especially if you have the extreme update.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

marksmith

Mark

Agree with you on the hobby concept of the HP-2 being an entry or new user scanner, however as readers realize probally many users are knowledgable just looking for a quick out of box scanner.
Those experienced users that pick up an HP1 or HP2, eventually find that with the extreme upgrade has some things that are very high level. Fast to use out of the box, but completely configurable using favorites lists to the level of the most complex scanner out there. Just takes education and familiarity with the radio and software.

Still feel the DMR and other upgrades will only make it to the x36 radios.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Besides, UPMan doesn't advertise upgrades until the very last minute - if there were to be such a thing for the HP2. No doubt he doesn't want to tip off Whistler Wendy, et.al. (heh)

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.