Any scanners that can be updated remotely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOUTHBAYSCANNER

Welcome to SouthBayScanner.com
Feed Provider
I'm looking to buy a new scanner for my feed that allows me to update frequencies remotely and/or lock-on to a specific channel remotely and I heard that Uniden offers a software solution on a few of their scanners. Unfortunately, in order for me to update frequencies or stop on a lively channel for my Pro-107 and Pro-96, I have to call my buddy to have him press physical buttons on the scanner. Does Uniden (or RS) sell a scanner with a software solution. I would be logging into the feed remotely and updating the channels via RDP.

scosgt

Most of the digital scanners can be accessed remotely, using ProScan or other software.
Or you can install Splashtop and access the entire PC from the Internet.

NYRHKY94

Jevasjunkbox:

If you end up going with a Uniden scanner, then Proscan would be an excellent choice for remote access/remote control/remote programming. When used with the free Proscan client software, it's the best all-in-one solution on the market IMO.

KB4SHP

Feed Provider
This is what I do with My GRE Scanner that host my feeds. I use Log me Free and Arc software to control the unit. I can log in anywhere I can get internet I can also use my phone if I need to with the log me in app.

Status
Not open for further replies.