Any Towns County Listeners ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixieboyfl

Hey All,

Anyone on here listen in the Northeast GA - Towns County area?

I'll be moving there soon and looking to get any idea of what I'll need to keep with with "what's happening" !!!

Thanks,

DixieBoy

SCPD

QRT
i live one county south in White county. Towns county is VERY quiet. i drive threw there about 3 times a week. besides an occasional car accident not much happens.

dixieboyfl

u4ia420 said:
i live one county south in White county. Towns county is VERY quiet. i drive threw there about 3 times a week. besides an occasional car accident not much happens.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there much to listen to in the area ?

Mike - FL

N8IAA

dixieboyfl said:
Thanks for the reply.Is there much to listen to in the area ?Mike - FL

Mike, my guess would be to put in some NC frequencies. Also, GA forestry freqs, National Park freqs. What kind of scanner do you have? If you have digital capabilities, NC VIPER System for Cherokee county.

Larry

dixieboyfl

N8IAA said:
Mike, my guess would be to put in some NC frequencies. Also, GA forestry freqs, National Park freqs. What kind of scanner do you have? If you have digital capabilities, NC VIPER System for Cherokee county.

Larry

Larry,

Thanks and I do have a digital scanner (996T) so I'll be good there.

How about the military fighters that use that region for training? I've seen them several times while visiting the area. (Actually I bought property now and about ready to start building my retirement home)

Reagrds, Mike

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Mike -

You might also want to listen to Macon County, NC. It's pretty active there. I live in Atlanta but have a mountain house near Franklin, NC. County fire is pretty busy - 453.350. Rabun County, Georgia (next to you) is also pretty busy - fire on 154.430, SO on 155.130 and EMS on 155.205. All of these freqs are in the radioreference database. Good listening!!

N8IAA

dixieboyfl said:
Larry,

Thanks and I do have a digital scanner (996T) so I'll be good there.

How about the military fighters that use that region for training? I've seen them several times while visiting the area. (Actually I bought property now and about ready to start building my retirement home)

Reagrds, Mike

Mike, if you go to http://www.grove-ent.com and click on the Monitoring Times button, Larry Van Horn has a huge list of Milcom freqs. Also, http://www.scanchattanooga.com
Matt has a really good site for the N GA, NC area you are moving to. Lot's of activity on Macon as Dave has mentioned. I travel with the wife every two-three months up to Harrah's and there is always activity on FD channels in the surrounding counties. Towers up on Brasstown Bald make for easy listening!
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.