Any updated frequencies San Juan County New Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Have you heard them in the past, and no longer can? I looked at the County FCC grants, and I don't see anything recent for the county.

Phiftybuick

Yes, I can still hear them, but they use other freq's that aren't listed here. I realize law enforcement needs private channels, but didn't know if anyone had discovered them. They'll "go to channel 3" and others.
I've scanned/searched for them, but to no avail.
Using a cheapo Uniden BC72XLT w/mag mount external antenna.
Thank you!

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Your best bet is to stick in every licensed frequency for the County and hope you are close enough to the mobile to hear them. Some agencies don't use repeaters for their TAC channels that that might be why you can't hear them.

SCPD

QRT
Also search in csq. Some will use mobile to mobile of a freq in csq for talkaround. Also check the input as some do utilize this as a mobile talkaround with different or no tone.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
If its a NMSP unit talking to another NMSP unit on local frequencies, which is very possible, channel 3 is going to be the local NMSP district mobile frequency.

This is applicable across the state, as the NMSP radios will be programmed
District Base
Car to car (55)
District talkaround
Statewide (92)
LEN(37)

Phiftybuick

If its a NMSP unit talking to another NMSP unit on local frequencies, which is very possible, channel 3 is going to be the local NMSP district mobile frequency.

This is applicable across the state, as the NMSP radios will be programmed
District Base
Car to car (55)
District talkaround
Statewide (92)
LEN(37)

The thing is, NMSP used to use local county sheriff's freq, but since a couple of months ago, I can't hear them. I can pick up traffic from NMSP dispatch, but they're talking to units on I-40, 175 miles away! I've used the search feature for all freqs, but haven't found any SP traffic.

ChrisABQ

NMSP is finally on 700 mhz P25 here in Albuquerque, do you have any activity up in Farmington?

769.95620 (Albuquerque)

Phiftybuick

Ok, having realized this, what portable scanner do you gentlemen recommend? I use it primarily in a vehicle with a mag mount, center-load antenna. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
You can probably pick up a used 396XT for a good price. If you want new, either the 325P2 or the 436HP would be good.

SCPD

QRT
436 or 536 or whistler p25 equivalent. Many counties are planning p25 down road around same time getting away from analog. Some have chosen to go to less cost digital methods. So those in the nxdn and dmr areas keep that in mind for the smaller entities. Larger or better budget counties will use p25 standard. Penny pushers will use kenwood nxdn or motorola dmr.

Keep in mind many oems are working together to keep surrounding counties similiar so when one goes the rest will go or work toward it as fiscal year allows.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
436 or 536 or whistler p25 equivalent. Many counties are planning p25 down road around same time getting away from analog. Some have chosen to go to less cost digital methods. So those in the nxdn and dmr areas keep that in mind for the smaller entities. Larger or better budget counties will use p25 standard. Penny pushers will use kenwood nxdn or motorola dmr.

Keep in mind many oems are working together to keep surrounding counties similiar so when one goes the rest will go or work toward it as fiscal year allows.

The smart ones are choosing multi protocol equipment such as kenwood which allow few digital modes as time goes to buy the licenses of needed.

Others are stuck on motorola apx 4000s, 900s, or the 6000s since motorola is crammed to them or hookups with a couppe vendors selling above the list price.

A vendor once told me dmr isn't used in public safety yet I could name several nm entities going to, or using dmr now.

Phiftybuick

I finally figured out that NMSP is using 155.580, a freq I had programmed, but locked out. Thanks, everyone for your input.
You all are talking waay over my head on a lot of stuff, but I'm tryin' to keep up!

Status
Not open for further replies.