SDS100/SDS200: any Wasatch Front users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I have been considering purchasing a SD100. Some monitoring would be Airband, DMR, the UCA system, and HAFB. A bit pricey to begin with and then add on the cost of DMR, plus the cost of NXDN, it is very expensive. Is it worth it? Anyone here have one, that would like to share your opinion?

Premium Subscriber
I’m in this same boat. Was leaning towards the Whistler TRX -1. Mostly because I didn’t want to pay extra for the DMR or NXDN with the Uniden Sds100 or Bcd436hp.
Then Simulcast gets thrown in the mix, and then I’m looking at the Sds100 again.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Keep in mind the whistler does not trunk track DMR or NXDN. So if you have a Cap plus or Con plus system its scanning each frequency and not monitoring the control channel like a commercial radio or uniden scanner does.
I tested out a 1080 and monitor a Connect plus UHF system and when its busy i miss a lot of traffic.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Umm you might want to consider a Phase II scanner at least, I feel things are changing

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Premium Subscriber
I ponied up the cash and purchased the Uniden SDS 100. Just got it, and I feel its gonna take me some time to learn this thing!
No problems on Simulcast. Pretty sweet little radio thus far.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Id be willing to discuss a trade with my HP2 but never heard back from you after i sent my message yesterday. If you change your mind reply back to that message i sent you.

Status
Not open for further replies.