Any way to lower error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvery37

Is there any way to lower the error on an APCO-25 system. I have a BCD996T. I am getting a strong signal but occasionally the audio sounds garbled. I put the display on the screen for setting the decode threshold and noticed that when I get bad audio there is a large amount of error. If someone could explain the decode threshold detail in better detail I would appreciate it. My levels are 1.41 to 1.84.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Moved to the Uniden forum. Please make note of stickied posts at the top of the forums, especially when they say "scanner questions do not belong here". Thanks.

bobdabilda

If you enter the level menu by pressing the "Funct" button and the "Vol" button you will see the level of the p25 system. Press "Hold" on an active channel and note the lower value that the signal goes down to. eg 1.43. It should level out and the error level should go closer to zero or at least into single figures.
You can then turn the "Funct" button left or right which will raise or lower the auto starting threshold. I have found that setting this just above the lower signal level works best. eg if my signals level out at 1.44 I set the level to 1.45. It will keep this level until you re-download systems to the scanner. I have noticed that the scanner finds the level easier if it is set higher rather then lower then the final setting that it hits.
I went through and noted the best levels for each system I had programmed and set these in the system settings using the software in the "P25 Threshold Level". Now when I reload the systems to the scanner the best auto starting settings get loaded also.

Cheers
Steve

silvery37 said:
Is there any way to lower the error on an APCO-25 system. I have a BCD996T. I am getting a strong signal but occasionally the audio sounds garbled. I put the display on the screen for setting the decode threshold and noticed that when I get bad audio there is a large amount of error. If someone could explain the decode threshold detail in better detail I would appreciate it. My levels are 1.41 to 1.84.

Status
Not open for further replies.