Any Wayne County scannists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
My in-laws live in The Hideout, a private community in Lake Ariel PA in Wayne County. Does anyone on this forum live in this county and if so can tell me what the most critical frequencies I should have in my scanner when I travel into and out of that area? I know I can just make a huge FreeSCAN file for the whole county but some local knowledge would be nice ;)

Thanks for any help :D

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
153.21500 WPQJ539 RM 364 DPL Hideout PS 1 The Hideout POA - Public Safety Ch 1 Dispatch FM Security
152.46500 WPQJ539 RM 364 DPL Hideout PS 2 The Hideout POA - Public Safety Ch 2 Operations FM Security

Take a look in the frequency database. It lists stuff for Wayne County. From personal experience- not much goes on up there. State police cover a lot of that territory and they cannot be scanned.

When I travel up there-usually to Pike County I load Pike, Wayne and Sullivan County New York in my scanner. I get more hits from New York.

Good luck and have fun.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Thanks trap5858. I will load that stuff in.
Can you tell me why the state PD cannot be scanned?

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
The PA state police are on the Open Sky system which is not able to be monitored with conventional consumer electronics. They do some local talk around on their old VHF system and I do believe the turnpike cars still use VHF.

Dei2Racing

I live In pike county. You cant really listen to much up here with Open Sky system . You can only listen to the county EMS and Fire. Even then that can be iffy unless you have a roof antenna.Most of the time you hear dispatcher but not the mobile units. I am 5 miles from Monroe county and cant here a thing with out a roof antenna. If you want auction you have to listen to Scranton. PSP on the turn pike use the Turnpike system along with fire and ems when they are on the pike. I can only pick the pike up on clear days with the roof antenna. Once in a blue moon PSP are on their old VHF channel but all i ever here is dispatch giving directions. All the state parks here are on open sky too so you cant listen to them any more. Not that they are ever active in the winter just looking up snow mobile regs befor open sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.