• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Any WheresGeorge? Users out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
Any of ya'll Wheres George? Users?

If you don't know what it is, Wheres George? Or WG? for short, is a currency tracking website. Members all over the US stamp bills with the www.wheresgeorge.com URL, enter the serial # and series year of the bill(s), along with their current ZIP code, and hope that later on down the line, an average Joe finds the bill, enters the serial/series again, along with his zip code. Then the site will email them when and where the bill has travelled to.

Registration is totally free, and so is use of the site. They do have a "premium" membership that offers advanced features for the truly dedicated users! There are forums over there as well! If you think its something you'd enjoy, PM me here on RR for details. I'd be happy to give more info!

I'm known over there as "bang4yr$."

Link to WG?

Thanks,
Gr8rcall

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android 2.3.4; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1309251116) Presto/2.11.355 Version/12.10)

I have had a profile on there since 2000. I did have a profile on billtracker.com, but that site has been defunct, for awhile.

elias1988

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

I am a Where's George member also! I just got a bill hit from Philadelphia a few minutes ago,I mainly use the iPhone app to check my hits.

My profile:
http://www.wheresgeorge.com/u:PJ6D1dGZ

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

I am a Where's George member also! I just got a bill hit from Philadelphia a few minutes ago,I mainly use the iPhone app to check my hits.

My profile:
Hey, refresh your YB page. Looks like you've got so much inactivity on it that you have 0 george score! Be sure to do that often so you get accurate state rankings, and your user profile shows the correct number of hits, hit rate, etc...! Also, make a forum profile, and join us!

My profile: http://www.wheresgeorge.com/u:lbjG8nF9r

Last edited:
Yeah, I used it a few times when it first opened up, however many years ago. Think I entered about a dozen notes or so and that was it, none of which ever seemed to make it very far outside WA and OR.

Even with ads 127.0.0.1'd and Javascripting disabled, that site still hates dial-up and slow ADSL connections.

Last edited:

elias1988

Premium Subscriber

gr8rcall said:

My profile:
Hey, refresh your YB page. Looks like you've got so much inactivity on it that you have 0 george score! Be sure to do that often so you get accurate state rankings, and your user profile shows the correct number of hits, hit rate, etc...! Also, make a forum profile, and join us!

My profile: http://www.wheresgeorge.com/u:lbjG8nF9r
Thanks for the tip!

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber

Thanks for the tip!
Yeah, no problem. Just make sure to do it at least every 5 days, because after 5 days inactivity, it starts to take off from your george score!

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
I came across a one dollar note

yesterday and posted to that website. Interesting to track where your moneys' going. I posted a new thread after trying half heartedly to see if one was already posted here; and Mike closed that thread after I requested it be deleted. (Thanks for the Mods who try to keep this forum functional!) Some of those bills have been around the world!

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
yesterday and posted to that website. Interesting to track where your moneys' going. I posted a new thread after trying half heartedly to see if one was already posted here; and Mike closed that thread after I requested it be deleted. (Thanks for the Mods who try to keep this forum functional!) Some of those bills have been around the world!
Did you enter your email so it would notify you when it's found again?

Yeah, I did place my email

in their system because I want to know where this bill, (I also added five more singles and a five to the list), has gone. It's a pretty neat system they have; I looked at some of the other notes that others have posted and those bills do make for some world traveling!

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Did you mark the bills with the wheresgeorge.com website address? I've had a couple that have been out there for years with no hits..

If no other WG users get the bills, your chances of getting hits are minimal.

I took a pencil and wrote "where's George"

with dot com on the right side by the seal, on all the bills I placed back in circulation. While on their website, I tried to find a rubber stamp with that imprinted on it so I could do as the others have. Anybody with info, other than going to an office supply house and having one made? If it comes down to that, I will see how much one would cost.
BTW, is it legal to stamp or write on those bills? LOML said she thought it was illegal to do that.

Thanks Gene for that link.

I came across a few other links as well and the prices look enticing. But as you posted, defacing may be a problem. Dang, just when you wanna play with the money...........lol
But many thanks Gene for your help. I'll wait awhile (not too long that is) before I get one of those stamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.