• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Anyone Been to Yellowstone Nat'l Park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured id get a good clean thread going.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit.

Well Ive been there when I was 16 in 2004, and I am itcching to go back I want to spend about 3days there. Anyone know if anything has changed since then?

Haven't been there in about 15 years. Too many tourists there at that point, don't know if I could enjoy it now.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
That was my thought too. The last time we were there, about 10 years ago, it was filled with tour busses full of unkempt, skantly clad Europeans! Forget trying to get reservations at the Lodge, you have to do that at least 2 years in advance.

TO be honest I never thought there were that meny people there, although the gobbs of by-standers could of been watching the Bears, so maybe that where all the people were at.

N2MWE

Premium Subscriber
I went to Yellowstone last year, when I did my drive from New York to Colorado. Best vacation I ever took...basically drove across the country via Interstate 90, stops in Chicago, The Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, and finally Colorado Springs. I have some beautiful pics of Lake Yellowstone...too bad we can't post pics... :angry:

I was last there in July 1993. It was so full of people and traffic jams it nearly ruined our experience.

Me and my family went there Last summer in '08. We went to Rocky Mountains in Colorado, all way up to Yellowstone. We spent two weeks, and I am dieing to return, we seen buffalo on the side of the road, seen bears, MOOSE, grizzly, Old Faithful, all the springs.

I have a ton of pictures on my Myspace of Yellowstone. Message me if you want my myspace.

It is a ball there. I encourage everyone to go there at least ONCE in your lifetime, its something you will never forget. :)

Croaky

[EDIT] Like someoone said, dont wait till last minute to make reservations, make them 8months - a year. You can still ifnd a spot probably if you don't make reservations. We stayed at West Yellowstone then camped in Yellowstone, it was awsume seen bears in our camps, but we didn't have any electricty.

The town West Yellowstone is VERY neat, and awsume. Everyone is friendly.

:)

Last edited:
I spent 2 weeks in Yellowstone in July '89. Was it crowded, yup. lots and lots of people and vehicles. So we took a walk to the shores of Heart Lake, about a 15 mile hike and spent 4 days out in the back country and didn't see a sole out there. A park ranger told me that 90% off all the park visitors venture no further than 100 yards from their vehicles. SO is it crowded at certain times of the season? yup. But you can find solitude there if you want. Everyone should go at least once, hopefully I'll get an opportunity to go back there someday.
I found this site some time back with forums with trip reports, photos and all things Yellowstone;
http://www.yellowstone.net/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.