Anyone else seeing the jets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emt_531

I saw several packs of fighter jets fly over head today in groups of 20, at least 150 total jets. They looked like they were heading from Northern California to Southern California. Anyone have any clue whats going on?

CharlesDom

Don't know what this was. Any idea what type of fighter jets they were? That's an awful lot of jets going up at once. Also, know where they were stationed?

I didn't hear any chatter on the military freqs or HF. Very peculiar indeed.

1979lee

hey guys,
i saw what looked like 2 dark navy blue f18's flying in tight formation over bakersfield ca today, about 1245 ca time. they were heading in a nw direction from where i was downtown.:confused:

kma371

QRT
I saw several packs of fighter jets fly over head today in groups of 20, at least 150 total jets. They looked like they were heading from Northern California to Southern California. Anyone have any clue whats going on?

your location might be helpful

karldotcom

I heard Expert 21 on final approach to RWY 23.....although I couldnt figure out what airfield he was heading too. Heard someone else being given directions to North Island.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Don't know if it's connected, but I'm seeing lots of convoy traffic on I-40 heading east. Also lots of heavy Army stuff on private trucks heading east.

DPD1

I heard Expert 21 on final approach to RWY 23.....although I couldnt figure out what airfield he was heading too. Heard someone else being given directions to North Island.

My guess would be San Clemente. The FRS likes to go there at night especially, for carrier app practice.

I believe the large group of fighters was the two squadrons from the Nimitz wing returning home.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com
Makers of the "MilTenna" Air Band Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.