• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Anyone fancy a theory test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 78 percent: "You have failed :( 39 Correct Answers"

I didn't understand a few things they were talking about: Pelican crossing? Rear fog lights?

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I managed 82% or 9 wrong... Still failed even though I've driven in countries where you drive on the left and I've seen rear fog lights.

As mentioned above, the hard part is knowing the local non-driving laws like "How long do you have to hold a license before you can instruct someone else".

I did cheat a little and looked up what a pelican crossing was. :)

W9BU

Lead Wiki Manager
Super Moderator
I got an 82 also. As mentioned above, the test is for driving in the U.K., so any of the left vs. right questions are reversed from normal U.S. procedure. But, it was mostly local speed limit and administrative details that tripped me up.

The interesting thing about this is that 82% is a failing grade. If you really have to get something above 82% to pass the U.K. drivers license test, that should give you an idea of how serious they are about driving in the U.K. IMHO, it's way too easy to get a driver's license in the U.S.

I cant believe it says 82% is failing!!!!!!! (As far as I remember 82 is passing -- HELL 70 IS PASSING!)

Status
Not open for further replies.