Anyone From Jefferson Parish

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4c346

hello,i'm looking at buying a uniden 966t scanner due to my radio shack pro51 does hardly nothing anymore.i would like to receive jpso,jefferson parish public utilities and other channels on the latie system.i am the operator at bayou segnette pumping station in the state park on the westbank ,and would like to be able to monitor these particular frequencies, due to we will be staying in safe rooms for future hurricanes.just wondering if anyone local can help me program it ,when i get it?thanks

Pro_Se

There are several people here from Jefferson Parish. You can get a lot of basic info by browsing thru the old messages in this forum. With the right software and membership to this site to download from the database, programming the 996T isn’t that complicated. I’ve had success using ARC996. You can try it free as it has a time limited demo. There is other freeware software that may work as well.

The current talkgroups for the Drainage Dept aren’t in the database. I assume they are still on the Jefferson Parish (Old Analog) System. If you know the talkgroups, it would be helpful if you submitted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.