Anyone here participate or listen to 147.450MHz The REAL Renegade Radio Repeater? I love it!

stlouisx50

Anyone else listen to or participate on147.450MHz The REAL Renegade Radio Repeater (W6NUT)?

Serving the disenfranchised 147.435 userbase that rejects the communistic dictatorship of K6MWT in the greater Los Angles Area. The only free speech repeater remaining in the United States.

Programming Your Radio:
"450" uses an odd-split offset.
Input: 146.415 MHz
Output: 147.450 MHz
PL Tone: 127.3 Hz
(Motorola Code 3A).

Use 445.040 to Duplex

Love listening to them. Love free speech, like it should be.

prcguy

I've listened, not impressed. It seems to be a bunch of morons mostly interested in dropping an F bomb in public and not much different than 147.435 years ago. If you want to hear a better "free speech" repeater try 446.640 in So Cal. Nice people having interesting conversations about anything and everything punctuated with colorful language in a tasteful way. People are not there just to curse.

stlouisx50

I would if I lived nearby. I listen to the stream online. Over the last few days, people have complained they want it back like it was and it sounds like they still allow cussing and banter, but they have had some good long conversations lately without banter. Nice to hear another repeater out there has fairly free speech. 😁

mastr

I don't understand people who don't like free speech.
It isn't hard to understand. One person's "free speech" may be another person's "I prefer not to hear profanity", "I don't agree with his politics" or any number of other things that cause them to "not like" what is being said.

stlouisx50

It isn't hard to understand. One person's "free speech" may be another person's "I prefer not to hear profanity", "I don't agree with his politics" or any number of other things that cause them to "not like" what is being said.
Exactly, that's why blocking and muting people is a crazy concept, especially when you get a group of mods. The more you have the more chance you have setting someone off. What's the fun on that? Talking business like all the time is boring and plain.

prcguy

Exactly, that's why blocking and muting people is a crazy concept, especially when you get a group of mods. The more you have the more chance you have setting someone off. What's the fun on that? Talking business like all the time is boring and plain.
Not a crazy concept. Conversations on amateur radio are not private, they are very public. Do you have young kids? Maybe a daughter or granddaughter around 7yrs old? Would you like it if your ham radio was on and someone just fires up with some very twisted sexually explicit stuff while she is listening? I will agree it’s nice to have a know frequency here and there like 147.450 where those people can congregate but not on any frequency they choose. FCC rules are what keeps people from dropping F bombs on prime time public radio and television.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Amazing how some do not seem to have read that and risk significant fines etc. to violet that and encourage others to do that.
What some call "free speech" is really just freedom to start chaos, crudeness, and really people should have better sense than that.
Try yelling "fire" in a theater when there is no fire. Or stand up in say a church and start yelling swear words. "Free speech" was never meant to include such. It was mean to be able to express opposing opinions in a reasonable way and reasonable place. All should realize that.

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
I've listened to it here in SoCal on occasion--like when I'm tuning across the band(s) with nothing better to do. Every once in a (great) while, I'll listen for more than a couple of minutes if there happens to be a marginally literate and interesting conversation.

But mostly, systems such as this serve the same function as putting a pile of dog excrement in the vacant yard next door--it attracts the flies and keeps them out of your yard.