Anyone in Rappahannock, Warren, or Fauquier counties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I'm trying to confirm a freq that I heard nearly two years ago and copied a lot of traffic on. Can anyone in any of Rappahannock, Warren, or Fauquier counties give a listen to 461.325 w/ 118.8 PL and see if this is local to your area? I heard it a while back from Hagerstown, MD w/ a good antenna mounted up high and a preamp, but it was so far away that I couldn't confirm it. I know from monitoring that the user on this channel is using the repeater as their channel 1. I believe it is the Oak Spring Farms, which have 4000 acres of farmland that would quite probably need a lot of workers. They identify with numerical unit IDs that number into the 40s, indicating a large staff. If it is indeed Oak Spring Farms (FCC license: WGL679), they actually have several mobile-only frequencies listed on their license, 463.3875 and 468.3875. Please give a listen and verify if this is indeed the Oak Spring Farms local to your area. Thanks!

dtscho

Database Admin
I've copied that from Fredericksburg. I don't have any notes on what I heard, unfortunately, but I seem to remember thinking that it was probably Oak Spring. I'll try to keep an eye on that freq/tone.

Dave

dtscho

Database Admin
I looked through some old notes from 2007, and it turns out I do have some information on what I heard on that frequency/tone. They mentioned 623 (a road in the area of Oak Spring) and an airstrip. I think we can conclude that this is Oak Spring Farms.

Dave

Gilligan

Database Admin
Yea I just looked on the map (Google Maps) yesterday and saw an airstrip there. Not many farms have that :) I'll submit it now. Thanks!

AES-256

I'm trying to confirm a freq that I heard nearly two years ago and copied a lot of traffic on. Can anyone in any of Rappahannock, Warren, or Fauquier counties give a listen to 461.325 w/ 118.8 PL and see if this is local to your area? I heard it a while back from Hagerstown, MD w/ a good antenna mounted up high and a preamp, but it was so far away that I couldn't confirm it. I know from monitoring that the user on this channel is using the repeater as their channel 1. I believe it is the Oak Spring Farms, which have 4000 acres of farmland that would quite probably need a lot of workers. They identify with numerical unit IDs that number into the 40s, indicating a large staff. If it is indeed Oak Spring Farms (FCC license: WGL679), they actually have several mobile-only frequencies listed on their license, 463.3875 and 468.3875. Please give a listen and verify if this is indeed the Oak Spring Farms local to your area. Thanks!

The Frequency belongs to Front Royal Communications under DBA CELCO and is leased. Why the interest in the Mellon Estate?

Private Security with automatic weapons and a security system that knows when you approach the boundaries, not a place to visit without an invitation.

Gilligan

Database Admin
The Frequency belongs to Front Royal Communications under DBA CELCO and is leased. Why the interest in the Mellon Estate?

Private Security wi
th automatic weapons and a security system that knows when you approach the boundaries, not a place to visit without an invitation.
I'm a little confused... Is Celco Inc the security company? The radio chatter does include "Posts" 2 and 5, however there is a lot of talk that sounds like maintenance. The description that refers to farm operations sounds a lot more like it. Maybe there are two licenses, one for farm ops and one for the security guarding the property?

Another note: the license for Celco only shows the repeater frequency, but the people monitored have referred to the repeater as "channel one", indicating other channels are in use. That would tend to lean more on the farm license.

I'm looking at this FCC license:

WGL679 (OAK SPRING FARMS LLC):

D12-WE ARE ENGAGED IN THE BUSINESS OF FARMING. RADIOS ARE USED FOR COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN EMPLOYEES ON THE FARM

461.3250 Repeater
463.3875 Mobiles
468.3875 Mobiles

Last edited:

AES-256

Clarification, Front Royal Communications has several different names referred to Doing Business As or (DBA). CELCO is one of the business names under Front Royal Communications and has License WZA346. If you look at the FCC ULS information on the repeater 461.325, both WGL679 and WZA346 are listed at the same location in Linden at 2400 feet, but I do know that FRC maintains all of the radio equipment for the Mellon's.

Look at the Licensee information for WGL679, it says "ATTN SECURITY DEPT". There are other frequecies being used, some are encrypted.

The Private Security are all former LE or Military Special Forces and are employees of the Mellon's, Paul Mellon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Gilligan

Database Admin
So the good news is that although it appears they have two licenses for the same thing, we have positively identified that the user of 461.325 / 118.8 PL is indeed Oak Spring Farms. Perhaps on the listing we should include "Ch 1 - Operations & Security".

Status
Not open for further replies.