Anyone know any info about USCG Plane - Fog Bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCFR89

Hey all. Yesterday 4/10/08, probably around 1700-1900 a USCG Airplane was flying circles around calabash, in Brunswick County, out to the ocean, then coming back. He probably did about 12 circles. It almost looked like he was doing fly overs until a USCG cutter arrived on whatever he was looking at.

I did see a lot of darker colored smoke from about 1400-2000 coming off the ocean.

I did hear a rumor from a police officer in SC that they were looking at a "fog bank" coming in off the ocean. Which it did get VERY foggy after awhile.

We were monitoring channel 23 on marine radio at the station and we heard someone talking about styrofoam boxes out in the ocean. Sounded like the USCG on the radio talking.

I'm trying to piece this all together.

There was a lot of darker colored smoke coming off the ocean, then the USCG Airplane was doing circles, but heard they were only looking at the "fog bank" coming in, but whats with the boxes?

Does anyone know what was going on, or have anymore details

Thanks.

HCFR89

Never mind guys.

I heard it WAS a Fog Bank, and thats what the USCG was looking at. The darker colored smoke coming off the ocean was only clouds? Thats what I heard today. Sure did look like smoke, and everyone at the station though so too. Maybe it had to do something with the fog..

Status
Not open for further replies.